Seattle, Washington /
Sales & Marketing – Customer Sales /
Our mission is simple: Make reforestation scalable to mitigate the worst effects of climate change. DroneSeed is transforming a 300-million-acre global landscape deforested since the 1990s. It would take 300-years to replant this deficit with current tools.
Our technology speeds up the process. DroneSeed uses heavy-lift drone swarms to reforest at scale after 🔥. We cut time to reforest from 3 years to 3 months. We’ve pioneered the drones and the backend required to operate swarms as a delivery solution over rough terrain. We survey sites and deliver to targeted areas of soil proprietary seed vessels that boost seed survival. Utilizing carbon credits, we double landowner investment in 18 months addressing the financial barriers to reforestation.
You are an experienced sales professional who is comfortable working in fast-paced startup environments, but relate to customers who work in more traditional settings. Making cold calls comes naturally to you. You are a problem solver and a generalist who navigates between sales and ops. You are good at process improvement and negotiations. You can think strategically and can also roll up your sleeves. You are curious, and passionate about understanding customer needs and facilitating solutions for them. You are highly organized, build trust, and can manage interactions at all levels across departments. You are compassionate with a high degree of empathy, and an effective, clear communicator.
What you'll be doing:
- Helping landowners across the West recover from catastrophic wildfires by restoring their forests as quickly as possible.
- Managing all communications from inbound customer leads across the company and its subsidiaries (phone calls, emails, web inquiries, and select social media). As the company grows, so could your responsibilities.
- Matching customers with our rapid response, post-wildfire reforestation solutions and maximizing customer acquisition rates.
- Working on solutions that straddle Sales and R&D departments (effectively drones, seed, seedlings, and carbon offsets).
- Developing a deep understanding of our business verticals to effectively draw on the right resources at the right time.
- Nurturing a knowledge of forest management and reforestation practices, including on post-wildfire landscapes.
- Creating and presenting weekly reports on key performance indicators.
- Working across Google Workspace and our CRM platform.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor’s degree in natural resource management, ecology, forestry, agriculture/horticulture, or related field.
- 2+ years of professional experience in sales, marketing, or customer service roles.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve issues while managing competing priorities.
- Achieved challenging sales goals while leveling up the team.
- Proven track record demonstrating ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Ability to quickly learn organizational structure and the objectives of the team.
- High levels of integrity and discretion.
- A terrific work ethic accompanied by an ever-positive, get-it-done attitude.
Nice to have:
- Experience with post-wildfire response management.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish.
- Start-up or equivalent experience in high-growth and/or fast-paced environments.
Benefits of working at DroneSeed: We're focused on making a positive impact on the environment. We value a highly diverse team, have an awesome office culture, support and encourage collaboration, and are conveniently located in Seattle (Ballard). Taking care of your health comes first. We cover 75% of your medical, dental, and vision premiums. Life outside of work matters. DroneSeed offers paid time off and paid holidays.
Candidates must be eligible to work at DroneSeed HQ in the Ballard Brewery District of Seattle, WA or our office located between Olympia & Tacoma WA. DroneSeed is an equal-opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse team. If you’re deeply committed to our mission and eager to get your foot in the door of a fast paced rapidly growing startup we’d love to speak with you.