Associate I, Operations
Chico, California /
Operations – Ground Operations /
Our mission is simple: make reforestation scalable to mitigate the worst effects of climate change. DroneSeed is transforming a 300-million-acre global landscape deforested since the 1990s. It would take 300-years to replant this deficit with current tools. That’s where our technology using drone swarms, survey and data collection, and proprietary seed delivery vessels can substantially help to speed up the process. We’re making it scalable by navigating hard terrain, providing labor better tools, and shortening the supply chain from 18-36 months to 30-60 days.
We work in post-wildfire environments to plant native trees and vegetation using heavy lift drone swarms. We’ve pioneered seed vessels and tailored them to survive in different ecosystems. Our aerial survey and data collection process allows us to deliver vessels to microsites at the ¼ acre scale and boost survival. We continually integrate rapidly evolving aircraft and hardware technology which enables us to operate in some of the world’s most challenging terrain environments.
DroneSeed is a Techstars alumni founded in 2016 to mitigate the worst effects of climate change. We work with 3 of the 5 largest timber companies in the United States, and are backed by partners like Social Capital, Spero Ventures, the co-founder of DocuSign, and others focused on solving the world’s hardest problems.
What you'll be doing:
As an Operations Associate you’ll be working in post-wildfire environments hand-dispensing our seed vessels to achieve reforestation. The work is 100% field based and requires hiking on uneven or rocky terrain while carrying up to 40 pounds. Our hand-dispensing crew operates in all weather conditions so come prepared. You will be handling seed and other organic material that may include fungicide. You’ll bring enthusiasm, energy, and be an early member of a growing team!
- 18 years or older. Detail oriented and goal-oriented.
- Able to stand/walk for extended periods of time, frequently push, pull, squat and bend and reach, and lift up to 40 lbs with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Able to hike upwards of 5 miles on rocky uneven terrain.
- Team-oriented, helpful, professional, focused with strong work ethic.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Enjoy working outdoors for long periods of time in all types of weather.
- Have a working vehicle or some other mode of transportation to remote sites.
- We are growing, so college/graduate degree holders and experience with relevant skill sets also a plus!
Candidates must be eligible to work at DroneSeed locations in Butte County California.
The work schedule is currently being finalized and may range from part-time, i.e. less than 30 hours per week to temporary "as needed" help, i.e. single 8-hour days sporadically during the month.
DroneSeed is an equal-opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse team. If you’re deeply committed to our mission and capable of working in a high energy dynamic environment, we’d love to speak with you.