Sr. Specialist, Flight Operations (UAS Pilot)
Seattle, Washington /
Operations – Air Operations /
Our mission is simple: Make reforestation scalable to mitigate the worst effects of climate change. DroneSeed is transforming a 300-million-acre global landscape deforested since the 1990s. It would take 300 years to replant this deficit with current tools.
Our technology speeds up the process. DroneSeed uses heavy-lift drone swarms to reforest at scale after 🔥. We cut time to reforest from 3 years to 3 months. We’ve pioneered the drones and the backend required to operate swarms as a delivery solution over rough terrain. We survey sites and deliver to targeted areas of soil proprietary seed vessels that boost seed survival. Utilizing carbon credits, we double landowner investment in 18 months addressing the financial barriers to reforestation.
DroneSeed has acquired and expanded Silvaseed, a 130-year old business which grows millions of trees per year, to become the largest private tree seed bank west of Colorado. The acquisition positions DroneSeed as a one-stop-shop for reforestation services including seed collection, seedling cultivation, aerial drone-based seeding, and financing with carbon credits. DroneSeed plans to further expand, doubling its capacity to address increased demand for reforestation services.
What you'll be doing:
As a Sr. Specialist, Flight Operations (UAS Pilot) you will be piloting DroneSeed’s heavy lift aircraft fleet operating at customer sites across North America. You will use your professional aviation skills to deliver excellent service to our customers while upholding our rigorous approach to safety. You will be part of a rapidly growing team of professionals focused on making reforestation scalable.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Bachelor of Science degree a plus.
- 2+ years of RC pilot experience with excellent flight skills
- FAA Part 107 Certified and Proficient in heavy-lift, multi-rotor UAS operations.
- Excellent judgement with a clear “safety-first” mentality.
- Deep UAS systems knowledge and functional expertise.
- Resourceful and adaptable to new and changing technologies and environments.
- Desire and ability to work as part of a professional flight and ground operations team.
- Familiarity with Federal Aviation Regulations and deep understanding of 14 CFR Parts 107, 137, 61, and 91.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an innate attention to detail.
- Willing to work in remote environments and travel regionally up to 50% - 75% of the time.
- Current U.S. fixed-wing or rotorcraft pilot's certificate
Benefits of working at DroneSeed:
We're focused on making a positive impact on the environment. We value a highly diverse team, have an awesome office culture, support and encourage collaboration, and are conveniently located in north Seattle (Ballard). Taking care of your health comes first. We cover 75% of your medical, dental, and vision premiums. Life outside of work matters. DroneSeed has a generous paid time-off policy, so take the time off you need.
Candidates must be eligible to work at DroneSeed HQ in the Ballard Brewery District of Seattle, WA. DroneSeed is an equal-opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse team. If you’re deeply committed to our mission and capable of executing flight operations with multi-vehicle, heavy lift drones in some of the world’s most challenging terrain environments, we’d love to speak with you.