Senior Technologits/System Software
Los Angeles, CA
Support – Information Technology
Disruptive Technology Advisers LLC (“DTA”) is a boutique merchant bank that invests in late stage technology companies across the consumer and enterprise sectors on behalf of sovereign funds, endowments, mutual funds, hedge funds, and family offices. Most of DTA's value-add resides in its ability to help companies scale globally, particularly to regions including Asia, Europe and the Middle East. DTA intentionally operates with discretion, invests passively and in amounts that typically range between $25M - $150M in both primary and secondary transactions.
Apply if You
· Have a keen understanding of the technology landscape.
· Want to be the creator of a tech/software infrastructure that will support all parts of the business from the front and back end.
· Strong desire to be his “own” boss while having the passion to undertake a complex project.
· Bring positive behavior to work every day and consider yourself highly motivated.
· A drive to dive deep into complex topics and succinctly communicate these findings.
· Consider yourself to be a leader with a collaborative mind-set.
· Desire to work in-tandem with teammates to see that projects are finished with speed and accuracy.
· Enjoy multitasking and using your wit and education to develop solutions in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
· Are interested in being part of a truly unique group where you’ll be able learn the business in a close-knit setting that provides exposure to most every aspect of our firm’s global operations, strategy and vision.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Designs systems software to meet project requirements, collaborating with systems analysts, engineers, programmers, and other developers as needed.
- Collects information on systems-level project specifications, performance requirements, and known capabilities and limitations.
- Determines hardware system status and limitations by gathering and evaluating information on a variety of factors including security and reporting needs.
- Reviews and modifies existing systems software to improve performance, correct errors, and conform with compatibility requirements of available hardware.
- Determines feasibility of proposed system modifications or design, ensuring the needs and requirements of the user will be met within time and cost requirements.
- Develops and leads software system testing and validation procedures, compiles relevant documentation.
- Uses mathematical models and scientific analysis to predict and measure consequences and other outcomes of software system design.
- Coordinates and schedules installation of software system.
- Trains, or provides training documentation to, users on new or modified systems and networks.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Full stack development.
- Programming – C+, C#, Python, PHP, JAVA, SQL, HTML/CSS, etc.
- Cloud Hosting – Microsoft Azure & Amazon Web Services.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Knowledge of organizations software systems.
- Organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to analyze and address needs of users.
- Thorough understanding of computer engineering principles and procedures.
- Ability to manage time and prioritize tasks.
- Experience or knowledge of investments/finance industry
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer and Information Sciences, Engineering, Senior Technologist in, Computer Engineering Technologies, or related field required.
- Previous Finance services/ investment management experience – preferred.
- Managed and designed technology build process from the front end (web portal) to middle tier (services/api) to the back end (database/Salesforce).
- Managing the entire process and the technology environment (hardware included).
- Exposure to managing a client facing product.
- 10+ years of experience, including 8+ years of full stack cloud development at the architect level.
We are fast paced and rapidly growing company, and this new and exciting role will be heading the firms focus on expansion and retention. You will be a contributor right from the start, whose contributions, experiences, and insights will have an immediate, meaningful impact on our business.
Here at Disruptive Technology Advisers (“DTA”) we are what we desire to be. A work environment that supports, nurtures, and drives for diversity and inclusion. As a diverse workgroup we continue down this journey of inclusion by being committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity for all and to providing a work environment free of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, and disrespectful behavior.