New York, NY
Operations – Investment Relations
Disruptive Technology Advisers LLC (“DTA”) is a boutique merchant bank that invests in late stage technology companies across the consumer and enterprise sectors on behalf of sovereign funds, endowments, mutual funds, hedge funds, and family offices. Most of DTA's value-add resides in its ability to help companies scale globally, particularly to regions including Asia, Europe and the Middle East. DTA intentionally operates with discretion, invests passively and in amounts that typically range between $25M - $150M in both primary and secondary transactions.
The Investment Associate is a self-directed individual that will assist in all areas of the investment process, with a primary focus on due diligence and material creation. This position will be working alongside a dynamic team of investment professionals to bring a wholistic balance into the work processes.
Apply if You
- Have a keen understanding of the technology landscape.
- Bring positive behavior to work every day and consider yourself highly motivated.
- A drive to dive deep into complex topics and succinctly communicate these findings.
- Consider yourself to be a leader with a collaborative mind-set.
- Desire to work in-tandem with teammates to see that projects are finished with speed and accuracy.
- Enjoy multitasking and using your wit and education to develop solutions in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Are interested in being part of a truly unique group where you’ll be able to learn the business in a close-knit setting that provides exposure to most every aspect of our firm’s global operations, strategy and vision.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with private market transactions (secondary trades and primary placements) including sourcing/negotiation/structuring and execution.
- Assist in the evaluation and due diligence of potential new investments, including market research and analysis, financial modeling and valuation, and reference calls to customers and business partners.
- Present and explain investment opportunities to various types of investors, including institutional investors.
- Prepare due diligence summaries, investment memos, research reports, and investor updates.
- Assist senior bankers and/or clients throughout a transaction process.
- Participate with senior management at daily meetings, scheduled calls, or investor meetings.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Experience with financial modeling.
- Experience with building comprehensive presentations to communicate findings.
- Superlative understanding of market trends and economic principles.
- Ability to research and analyze required information.
- Ability to work independently, producing accurate, detailed materials on tight deadlines.
- Strong entrepreneurial, analytical, quantitative, communication, business writing and client-relations skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work as a productive member of a team.
- Comfortable working under pressure in a demanding environment.
- Ability to travel 25% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Economics or a related field; MBA preferred.
- 3-7 years in Investment Banking, Private Equity, Venture Capital or Management Consulting with a focus on technology.
- Experience with private market transactions (secondary trades and primary placements), including sourcing/negotiation/structuring/execution.
- Familiarity with rules and regulations governing the private market.
- Experience presenting/explaining investment opportunities to various types of investors, including institutional investors.
- Experience in assisting senior bankers and/or clients throughout a transaction process.
- A deep understanding of the growth equity technology market and industry.
- Independent/self-starting/ability to move between and through several projects and tasks at the same time.
- Proper licensing (Series 7, 63 or equivalent).
- Proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
- Experience with Salesforce a plus.
We are fast paced and rapidly growing company, and this new and exciting role will be heading the firms focus on expansion and retention. You will be a contributor right from the start, whose contributions, experiences, and insights will have an immediate, meaningful impact on our business.
Here at Disruptive Technology Advisers (“DTA”) we are what we desire to be. A work environment that supports, nurtures, and drives for diversity and inclusion. As a diverse workgroup we continue down this journey of inclusion by being committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity for all and to providing a work environment free of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, and disrespectful behavior.