Investor Relations Analyst
Los Angeles, CA /
Operations – Investor Relations /
Disruptive Technology Advisers LLC (“DTA”) is a boutique merchant bank that invests in late stage technology companies across the consumer and enterprise sectors on behalf of sovereign funds, endowments, mutual funds, hedge funds, and family offices. Most of DTA's value-add resides in its ability to help companies scale globally, particularly to regions including Asia, Europe and the Middle East. DTA intentionally operates with discretion, invests passively and in amounts that typically range between $25M - $150M in both primary and secondary transactions.
With limited supervision the Investor Relations Analyst position generally works the functional roles to support and record the company’s client interface activity. This role is responsible for tracking investor and issuer activity in the CRM, participating in client calls, and other projects as deemed necessary to the overall functional systems support. Can also be involved in information technology (IT) projects in order to improve transaction efficiency, working with the company’s marketing team regarding prospective clients/investors, while maintaining and managing investors' data in computer databases.
Apply if You
- Have a keen understanding of the technology landscape
- Bring positive behavior to work every day, and consider yourself highly motivated
- A drive to dive deep into complex topics and succinctly communicate these findings
- Consider yourself to be a leader with a collaborative mind-set
- Desire to work in-tandem with teammates to see that projects are finished with speed and accuracy
- Enjoy multitasking and using your wit and education to develop solutions in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Are interested in being part of a truly unique group where you’ll be able to learn the business in a close-knit setting that provides exposure to most every aspect of our firm’s global operations, strategy and vision.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor investor contact activity to maintain investor tracking reports
- Participate in investment transaction operations by updating colleagues with investor stage, document status, and cash receipts
- Produce and disseminate quarterly investor reporting packages including capital statements and underlying firm updates
- Input investor contact stages and investor information using Salesforce
- Continuously enhance current investor reporting to create repeatable process to advance the firm forward and support growth
- Assist with the preparation of project-level business plans for technology development
- Participate in investor and issuer calls and meetings to properly update tracking reports
- Monitor email on nights and weekends to ensure active investor progress continues
- Assist with other ad-hoc projects related to investor relations and research
Skills and Abilities
- Strong entrepreneurial, analytical, quantitative, communication, business writing.
- Must possess and maintain the highest level of dependability, confidentiality, punctuality, and appearance
- Polished and sophisticated verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable graphically designing and formatting PowerPoint presentations
- Eager and motivated to provide an industry best client experience
- Team and firm first philosophy with sophisticated maturity to understand broader firm process and strategic direction
- Comfortable working under pressure in a demanding environment
- Ability to work independently, producing accurate, detailed materials on tight deadlines
- Experience with Salesforce and Microsoft Suites required
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- 1-3 years minimum experience working for an alternative investment manager
- Knowledge of Broker Dealer and/or Registered Investment Advisers is a plus.
We are fast paced and rapidly growing company, and this new and exciting role will be heading the firms focus on expansion and retention. You will be a contributor right from the start, whose contributions, experiences, and insights will have an immediate, meaningful impact on our business.
Here at Disruptive Technology Advisers (“DTA”) we are what we desire to be. A work environment that supports, nurtures, and drives for diversity and inclusion. As a diverse workgroup we continue down this journey of inclusion by being committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity for all and to providing a work environment free of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, and disrespectful behavior.