Site Reliability Engineer
DueDil is a predictive company intelligence platform building the world’s most complete source of information on companies and the people behind them. We use proprietary matching technology to link billions of company data points from authoritative sources, providing unique insight through its Business Information Graph. Our powerful API and web platform provide our clients with the data and tools to target, assess and on-board SMEs at scale.
In the last three years, DueDil has grown 80%+ year-on-year. We have also expanded our client base to more than 400 clients across the Financial Services, FinTech, and Technology sectors, including notable brands such as Santander, Transferwise and Growth Street.
We’re driven by three core values. The characteristics that define the members of our team are grit, authenticity and team spirit. These values factor into the way we hire, promote and reward every member of our team. Simply, we’re looking for ambitious people who take ownership and responsibility - we have loads of opportunities for both!
Data is at the heart of what we do here, and we have a lot of it. You will be joining us to help shape the way we aggregate, process and manage our data. This includes working with our virtualized cloud infrastructure, developing new tools and working with our Data Engineers to realise new and exciting products. Relevant technologies include:
- Infrastructure-as-code (Terraform, Chef, Helm)
- Distributed bulk data / stream processing (Hadoop, Spark, Dataproc, BigQuery)
- High performance data stores (Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, MySQL, BigQuery, S3, GS)
- Scalable cluster managers (Kubernetes, Apache Mesos, Marathon)
- Large scale web crawling and data warehousing
- Build infrastructure with a heavy emphasis on automation
- Scale, maintain and minimise our infrastructure spend (Kubernetes, Compute nodes, Storage optimisation, Network optimisation)
- Scale and maintain distributed systems, including Hadoop/HDFS/Apache Mesos
- Supporting and maintaining CI/CD pipeline workflows
- Work closely with Data Engineers to build and deploy new technology as required
- Participate in 24/7 on-call rotation
- Work autonomously towards shared team and company goals
What we're looking for
- Proficient in at least two programming and scripting languages
- Several years supporting *nix systems in production
- Solid understanding of networking and internet protocols
- Experience designing monitoring for Applications.
- Proficient with Kubernetes (and Helm)
- Solid knowledge of at least one relational database system
- Exposure to infrastructure-as-code (e.g. Chef, Terraform, Puppet or Ansible)
- Solid knowledge of monitoring (Prometheus, Grafana, Zabbix)
- CI/CD workflows and design
Desirable but not a must:
What DueDil can offer you
- The opportunity to work for a dynamic disruptor in the data market. We challenge our staff to be innovative and encourage outside-the-box thinking.
- Competitive base salary.
- Training and development - you will have your own personal development budget, which can be put towards courses, conferences, classes, and more.
- 32 days holiday per year including bank and public holidays along with a Christmas and New Year's break.
- Bike to work scheme.
- Pension scheme.
- Optional childcare vouchers.
- Unlimited free tea and coffee in the office.
- Free lunch Fridays and regular beer o’clock. Friday lunch is one of the perks we enjoy the most, and take very seriously!
- Regular team and company events in and out of the office.
- Super cool office based in Moorgate.