Software Engineer in test
DueDil is a predictive company intelligence platform building the world’s most complete source of information on companies and the people behind them. We use proprietary matching technology to link billions of company data points from authoritative sources, providing unique insight through its Business Information Graph. Our powerful API and web platform provide our clients with the data and tools to target, assess and on-board SMEs at scale.
In the last three years, DueDil has grown 80%+ year-on-year. We have also expanded our client base to more than 400 clients across the Financial Services, FinTech, and Technology sectors, including notable brands such as Santander, Transferwise and Growth Street.
We’re driven by three core values. The characteristics that define the members of our team are grit, authenticity and team spirit. These values factor into the way we hire, promote and reward every member of our team. Simply, we’re looking for ambitious people who take ownership and responsibility - we have loads of opportunities for both!
We need Senior QA Engineer with a wealth of testing experience, especially in terms of hands-on technical skills. We want a person who can help us design and implement test frameworks; help our teams to know how to test their applications in the right way and ensure we are continuously improving in the testing space. We want you to share your opinions on how we are doing things - and help us get better!
- Have a vision of how testing should work, and the problem solving ability to help us get there
- Prefer a post-it and a conversation over a detailed bug report
- Can implement useful test automation frameworks
- Hold our customers values at the heart of what they do
- Can write (and help others to write) high quality test code
- Want to innovate in the technical space, and tell the world about it
- At least 3 years of experience as a quality assurance engineer
- Excellent knowledge of QA methodologies and processes
- Manual testing experience
- Experience testing Web APIs using any automation tools (e.g. Postman)
- Experience with Code Versioning Systems (Git, SVN)
- SQL experience (Minimum - able to comfortably query databases)
- Experience with CI/CD (Jenkins, CircleCI or similar) and the ability to set up and run automation
- Selenium webdriver not essential but a nice to have
- Ability to write quality test plans, test cases and bugs
- Excellent reporting of metrics for test coverage for releases
- Exposure to an Agile working environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to up-skill, technically train and mentor other engineers
- Ability to analyse test scenarios, apply critical thinking, and troubleshooting skills
- Passionate about sharing of knowledge
- Ability to think beyond assigned task, and be a good team player
What DueDil can offer you
- The opportunity to work for a dynamic disruptor in the data market. We challenge our staff to be innovative and encourage outside-the-box thinking.
- Competitive base salary .
- Training and development - you will have your own personal development budget, which can be put towards courses, conferences, classes, and more.
- 32 days holiday per year including bank and public holidays along with a Christmas and New Year's break.
- Bike to work scheme.
- Pension scheme.
- Optional childcare vouchers.
- Unlimited free tea and coffee in the office.
- Free lunch Fridays and regular beer o’clock. Friday lunch is one of the perks we enjoy the most, and take very seriously!
- Regular team and company events in and out of the office.
- Super cool office based in Moorgate.