Senior Front End Engineer
DueDil is a predictive company intelligence platform building the world’s most complete source of information on companies and the people behind them. We use proprietary matching technology to link billions of company data points from authoritative sources, providing unique insight through its Business Information Graph. Our powerful API and web platform provide our clients with the data and tools to target, assess and on-board SMEs at scale.
In the last three years, DueDil has grown 80%+ year-on-year. We have also expanded our client base to more than 400 clients across the Financial Services, FinTech, and Technology sectors, including notable brands such as Santander, Transferwise and Growth Street.
We’re driven by three core values. The characteristics that define the members of our team are grit, authenticity and team spirit. These values factor into the way we hire, promote and reward every member of our team. Simply, we’re looking for ambitious people who take ownership and responsibility - we have loads of opportunities for both!
DueDil is looking for an experienced front end engineer with a passion for creating elegant and reliable user experiences. You will join our Site team with collaborative ownership of DueDil's enterprise platform and API products. The goal of the team is to:
Build high quality end-to-end web solutions. These delivering new insights and datasets for users of DueDil’s platform. This work is critical for achieving DueDil's vision and will involve close collaboration with our Product and Design team.
Maintain and extend a range of micro-services that back our products. Choosing appropriate technologies and architectures to ensure these products are performant and capable of scaling.
This is a dynamic role with many opportunities to work creatively. You will see a tangible impact our product. As an experienced front end engineer you will have a keen eye for detail, passion working with huge amounts of data and a user-centric approach to feature delivery.
We are looking for
- Proven track record building modern web applications. At least 3 years commercial experience is preferable.
- Strong understanding of modern FE frameworks such as react and redux.
- Strong understanding of asset bundling systems, preferably Webpack.
- Demonstrable experience in writing testable, modular and extensible FE code.
- Familiarity with CSS preprocessors (SCSS, LESS, etc.)
- Familiarity with Unix systems, common command line tools e.g. grep and source control tools e.g. git
- Experience in designing for optimal UI/UX a plus
- Familiarity working within an Agile SCRUM team a plus
Our Tech Stack
- Frontend technologies - React, Redux, Webpack, LESS
- Site back end is PHP using the Symfony framework
- A number of data stores (ElasticSearch, PostgreSQL, Kafka)
- GraphQL - This is DueDil's unified data access layer written in PHP. This is backed by a number of upstream data stores - ElasticSearch, PostgreSQL, Kafka and on-demand external APIs.
- Microservices - Node, Python, PHP
- Microservices backed by Docker, K8s, GCP, AWS
What DueDil can offer you
- The opportunity to work for a dynamic disruptor in the data market. We challenge our staff to be innovative and encourage outside-the-box thinking.
- Competitive base salary.
- Training and development - you will have your own personal development budget, which can be put towards courses, conferences, classes, and more.
- 32 days holiday per year including bank and public holidays along with a Christmas and New Year's break.
- Bike to work scheme.
- Pension scheme.
- Optional childcare vouchers.
- Unlimited free tea and coffee in the office.
- Free lunch Fridays and regular beer o’clock. Friday lunch is one of the perks we enjoy the most, and take very seriously!
- Regular team and company events in and out of the office.
- Super cool office based in Moorgate.