Senior Software Engineer (Data)
DueDil is a predictive company intelligence platform building the world’s most complete source of information on companies and the people behind them. We use proprietary matching technology to link billions of company data points from authoritative sources, providing unique insight through its Business Information Graph. Our powerful API and web platform provide our clients with the data and tools to target, assess and on-board SMEs at scale.
In the last three years, DueDil has grown 80%+ year-on-year. We have also expanded our client base to more than 400 clients across the Financial Services, FinTech, and Technology sectors, including notable brands such as Santander, Transferwise and Growth Street.
We’re driven by three core values. The characteristics that define the members of our team are grit, authenticity and team spirit. These values factor into the way we hire, promote and reward every member of our team. Simply, we’re looking for ambitious people who take ownership and responsibility - we have loads of opportunities for both!
Critical to achieving DueDil's vision is our ability to combine multiple disparate data sources from different providers into a unified view of companies and the people who run them. This requires us to develop web crawlers, automated matching algorithms, machine learning models and complex ETL processes to tie all these components together.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you'll be expected to enhance and expand our data processing toolset to support our international expansion effort, while maintaining quality and reliability of our existing data products and services.
This will mean dealing with challenges such as order of magnitude increases in data volumes, assessing quality of data from multiple suppliers and building pipelines and services to match and extract valuable insight from these datasets. You will be working in a team of experienced Software Engineers and Data Scientists building next generation tools and transforming the Fintech industry.
We are looking for:
- Proven track record leading complex ETL and Data Infrastructure projects, as well as designing and building data intensive applications and services
- Demonstrable ability working with high volume heterogeneous data with distributed systems such as Hadoop or Spark
- Expert knowledge in one or more of the following languages – Python, Scala, Java
- Strong understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Deep knowledge of data modeling, data access, and data storage techniques
- Familiarity with Unix systems, common command line tools e.g. grep, awk and source control tools e.g. git
- Familiarity with Machine Learning and Statistics a plus
Our Tech Stack
What DueDil can offer you
- The opportunity to work for a dynamic disruptor in the data market. We challenge our staff to be innovative and encourage outside-the-box thinking.
- Competitive base salary.
- Training and development - you will have your own personal development budget, which can be put towards courses, conferences, classes, and more.
- 32 days holiday per year including bank and public holidays along with a Christmas and New Year's break.
- Bike to work scheme.
- Pension scheme.
- Private healthcare
- Optional childcare vouchers.
- Unlimited free tea and coffee in the office.
- Free lunch Fridays and regular beer o’clock. Friday lunch is one of the perks we enjoy the most, and take very seriously!
- Regular team and company events in and out of the office.
- Super cool office based in Moorgate.