To play an integral role in the finance team ensuring financial operations and processes run effectively and efficiently within DueDil.
Our vision at DueDil is to be the fuel of a more informed and connected economy. We help customers with high exposure to SMEs find, verify and monitor business opportunities and risks. We do this by using billions of data points on companies to build a digital map of the economy, and integrating that information into our customers’ workflows. We work with hundreds of customers, from High Street Banks to tech start-ups. Our products help power the economy by impacting the way hundreds of thousands of SMEs access everything from bank accounts to loans, insurance and payments.
At DueDil, we’re driven by three core values. The characteristics that define a member of our team are grit, authenticity and team spirit. These values factor into the way we hire, promote and reward every member of our team. Ultimately, we’re looking for people who take ownership and hold themselves accountable to ambitious goals. In return, we pledge whatever support you need to chase down these goals and a collaborative environment where growth is rewarded.
The Finance Manager will work closely with the VP of Finance and will have exposure to the Senior and Extended Leadership Teams. You will be responsible for supporting the VP of Finance in achieving alignment of financial shape and targets with business stakeholders, delivering the operating plan, periodic reporting and analysis, and steering the business to deliver the target financial shape.
More specifically, the main responsibilities are as follows:
- Responsible for reporting, management accounts, budget/ forecast modelling and analysing sales and revenue.
- Liaising with external accountants in the preparation of monthly management accounts, ensuring all relevant information is provided to the external accountants on a timely basis.
- Managing forecasting process for the business, planning and communicating required deliverables, ensuring appropriate review of assumptions, results, and timely submission.
- Presenting financial information to the team.
- Producing monthly board reporting, managing timely collation of information from other teams in the business.
- Providing key financial variance analysis and KPI analysis for review.
- Investor reporting.
- Ownership and management of cash flow and cash flow forecasting. Managing receipts and payments.
- Partnering with Sales and Marketing teams.
- Managing annual audit with external auditors.
- Managing R&D tax refund process.
- Management of Financial Force auto-billing and revenue recognition platform.
- Ensuring invoices are sent to customers in a timely fashion; running monthly revenue recognition; ensuring efficient debtor management.
- Management of payroll operated by external payroll bureau. Review of sales commissions auto-generated from Xactly platform. P11Ds; PSA reporting.
- Management of insurance policies.
What do we really need from this role?
- The Finance Manager will be a qualified accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA) with 2-3 years post-qualification experience and will have similar previous experience gained in a Start-Up/ Scale-Up environment.
- Individuals from larger businesses will be considered but must display the innovative and ‘can-do’ mindset required for the role, and a passion for taking on a broad set of responsibilities in a smaller team.
- You will have the ability to work collaboratively, build credibility and influence others.
- You will be an agile learner and dedicated to driving improvements.
- You will be able to demonstrate strong business acumen and perspective beyond the numbers.
What DueDil can offer you
- A genuine opportunity to ensure financial plans are fully aligned to the strategic direction and aspirations of the business.
- A chance to create actionable insights through financial analysis of business performance to engage stakeholders and guide future business decisions.
- The opportunity to develop and implement process improvements to ensure financial processes are effective and efficient.
- There is the potential of recruiting and managing a direct report within 8-12 months.
- This is your chance to really add value and go the extra mile to contribute to the future of DueDil.