Data Reliability Engineer
DueDil is a predictive company intelligence platform building the world’s most complete source of information on companies and the people behind them. We use proprietary matching technology to link billions of company data points from authoritative sources, providing unique insight through its Business Information Graph. Our powerful API and web platform provide our clients with the data and tools to target, assess and on-board SMEs at scale.
In the last three years, DueDil has grown 80%+ year-on-year. We have also expanded our client base to more than 400 clients across the Financial Services, FinTech, and Technology sectors, including notable brands such as Santander, Transferwise and Growth Street.
We’re driven by three core values. The characteristics that define the members of our team are grit, authenticity and team spirit. These values factor into the way we hire, promote and reward every member of our team. Simply, we’re looking for ambitious people who take ownership and responsibility - we have loads of opportunities for both!
We’re looking for a Data Reliability Engineer to play a key part in making DueDil’s vision for an informed and connected economy a reality.
You will be taking ownership of a vital function that lies at the interface of engineering, product, customer success and sales. As a Data Reliability Engineer you will be responsible for monitoring the health of DueDil’s data pipelines and services, triaging, investigating and resolving issues, as well as building tools for automated monitoring and alerting of data anomalies and inconsistencies. The tools and processes you establish will be foundational to a large investment we’re making in upgrading our overall data infrastructure.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to gain an overall understanding of our business while setting the direction for a core piece of our value proposition. You will expand your data engineering skills and have multiple paths for career development open around infrastructure, data engineering and machine learning.
You must have
- Solid programming skills in Python
- Strong understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Comfortable using SQL for data interrogation and analysis
- Investigative and pragmatic mindset, ability to converge on the most impactful issues and come up with practical, out-of-the-box solutions.
- A passion for automation and minimising toil.
- Keen eye for detail and a strong appreciation for the value of clean, accurate and actionable data.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly to non-technical stakeholders.
Bonus Points For
- Demonstrable experience working alongside/interfacing with customer success/sales and other business functions.
- Good knowledge of Unix command line tools such as bash, awk, grep.
- Working knowledge of a distributed computing framework such as Hadoop Map/Reduce or Apache Spark.
- Version control tools such as git.
What DueDil can offer you
- Ability to take direct ownership of a strategic driver of our business
- The chance to work alongside a group of people who are hungry, humble and smart, who also believe in the power of data to make the world a better and more transparent place
- The opportunity to have a say in a rapidly changing and fast growing company at the heart of London’s fintech scene
As well as...
- 32 days holiday per year including bank and public holidays along with a Christmas and New Year's break.
- Bike to work scheme. Pension scheme.
- Private healthcare with Vitality
- Dedicated ‘10% time’ for engineering and product teams to work on experimental projects or pursue learning opportunities of your choosing.
- Optional childcare vouchers.
- Unlimited free tea, coffee, fruit, drinks, breakfast options, snacks, popcorn and more in the office.
- Free lunch Fridays and regular beer o’clock. Friday lunch is one of the perks we enjoy the most, and take very seriously!
- Regular team and company events in and out of the office.
- Super cool office based in Moorgate.