Senior PHP Developer
Our vision at DueDil is to be the fuel of a more informed and connected economy. We help customers with high exposure to SMEs find, verify and monitor business opportunities and risks. We do this by using billions of data points on companies to build a digital map of the economy, and integrating that information into our customers’ workflows. We work with hundreds of customers, from High Street Banks to tech start-ups. Our products help power the economy by impacting the way hundreds of thousands of SMEs access everything from bank accounts to loans, insurance and payments.
At DueDil, we’re driven by three core values. The characteristics that define a member of our team are grit, authenticity and team spirit. These values factor into the way we hire, promote and reward every member of our team. Ultimately, we’re looking for people who take ownership and hold themselves accountable to ambitious goals. In return, we pledge whatever support you need to chase down these goals and a collaborative environment where growth is rewarded.
DueDil is looking for a PHP Developer who is passionate about building and architecting great software for the web. You’ll be joining one of DueDil’s core engineering teams, and will be responsible for bringing new products and features to life, all the way from technical design to deployment.
Being a developer at DueDil means you get to solve interesting problems every day, and you’ll be able to see the impact that your work has in our product. We need someone that has a keen eye for detail, loves working with huge amounts of data and always has the end user in mind.
Our engineers work in small, multi skilled teams (including Front End, Back End, Data Engineers and Data Scientists) and have ownership of development projects.
Our evolving tech stack means that we’re open to new technologies that will help solve interesting and challenging problems.
You’ll be working with open source technology as well as being able to contribute to the open source community either through the day to day role or through personal projects that we give our engineers the time to work on.
We are looking for someone to:
- Build end-to-end web solutions
- Create technical architecture according to product requirements
- Participate in product discussions, providing technical point of view
- Symfony2 & Twig
- A number of data stores (Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, Kafka)
- Various Frontend technologies (React, Redux, Gulp, LESS, etc)
- Microservices (Python, PHP, etc)
- Batch and Stream processing technologies (Spark, MapReduce, etc)
We really need you to have experience in:
- Developing for the web
- Working with an MVC framework
We'd love you to have:
- Experience with Symfony2 or similar framework
- Familiarity with Unix-family systems and command-line life, including common development tools (e.g. Git)
- Experience working in startup environment
- Experience working with large datasets on distributed computing platforms
Cool stuff you get to do:
- Work with huge amounts of data within a data driven organisation
- Time set aside to work on passion projects
- Contribute to / start your own open source projects
- Company hackathons
- Technical talks on Friday afternoons
- Opportunities for career progression within a fast growing organisation
- The opportunity to work alongside a diverse group of people who love what they do
- Experience with a high-profile brand at the heart of Europe’s tech scene
How to apply:
Submit a covering letter explaining why you’d be a fit for the role and DueDil would be a fit for you.
Include in the cover letter a 100 - 300 word summary of a technical project you’ve worked on that you are proud of.