Global Account Manager
Sales – Business Development /
We are making travel effortless. Join us.
Whether it’s to visit the people closest to us, starting an exciting adventure, or a career-defining business trip, travel is an essential part of our lives. Yet we've all experienced the aches and pains of getting to our destination. Today, more than 4 billion airline passengers rely on technology that hasn't kept up with the expectations of the modern connected traveller.
That’s why we’ve started to rebuild the infrastructure that underpins the travel industry. We’re on a mission to unravel travel — simplifying systems and building the tools that will make the future of travel effortless.
We were part of Y Combinator S18's cohort and we are backed by Benchmark, Blossom, Index Ventures and Kima Ventures. A fantastic set of investors that has helped build some of the world's largest companies.
Our team in London is growing and we’re looking for talented people to join us on our journey.
Business Development & Sales at Duffel
This part of the business has a lot of ground to cover, and so much opportunity to tap! What energises us each morning is the opportunity out there for us to go out and chase. As a function, we're responsible for one of the company's key OKR's, growing our customer base.
We're responsible for steering Duffel's commercial strategy and success. That includes finding new markets, growing our customer base, growing bookings and building strong relationships with customers and partners.
As a commercial team, we are presently small but have a big global vision. We are champions for our customers to ensure our products bring meaningful value to their businesses that makes travel effortless. And now we are assembling the team who will take on the mission to get us there.
What we're looking for in you
- You have a skillset combining strategic planning, sales and account management - bringing these together, you'll take Duffel into new markets and to new customers. It'd be great if this experience has seen you engaging and managing the C-level.
- You're experienced and comfortable working through an end to end acquisition funnel; from lead generation to deal-making, onboarding & getting signed customers live, to relationship management. It'd be great for you to be comfortable with the re-negotiations that comes with account management territory too.
- You should have the ability to manage customers across markets and cultures as this role has a global coverage.
- You're able to think about strategy as well as delivery. Eg. who are our customers, how do we target them, how do we acquire them before being able to deliver
- You're comfortable discussing & selling B2B tech products.
- You're also comfortable working with engineers and product teams - these will be some of your key stakeholders through the sales process.
- You're flexible to travel internationally. From events & conferences to client meetings, there's likely a couple of trips per quarter.
What you'll be doing
- Year 1 we will be more about working an end to end sales funnel (including account management). Year 2 will have a heavier focus on account management and the second half of the acquisition funnel. We'd like you to do this with our customers globally
- Contributing to go-to-market strategy & tactics (channels, business model etc.)
- Bringing back real time client feedback & insights to help our team build better products.
- You'll be Duffel's brand ambassador, attending industry events & conferences, raising awareness of Duffel throughout.
- Streamlining sales and customer success processes; from lead generation to customer onboarding, to customer success.
- You'd potentially write, and proof-read marketing copy & press releases.
What you can expect from us
We’re dedicated to your personal growth. Our environment is comfortable physically, but also in that our ears are always open to any ideas, concerns and questions. We believe that everyone should have pride in their work, taking full ownership of it and its impact. That’s why everyone who joins Duffel owns a share of the company.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We believe that the key to our success is employing a diverse team, that’s why recruitment decisions are only based on your experience and skills. We value your ability to problem solve and build amazing things so we welcome applications for everyone – regardless of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Note to recruitment agencies
Duffel does not accept speculative CV's from external parties. Any unsolicited CV's sent to us will be treated as property of Duffel, and any attached terms and conditions associated with these CV's will be null and void.