Business Development Manager
Sales – Business Development
We are making travel effortless. Join us.
Whether it’s to visit the people closest to us, starting an exciting adventure, or a career-defining business trip, travel is an essential part of our lives. Yet we've all experienced the aches and pains of getting to our destination. Today, more than 4 billion airline passengers rely on technology that hasn't kept up with the expectations of the modern connected traveller.
That’s why we’ve started to rebuild the infrastructure that underpins the travel industry. We’re on a mission to unravel travel — simplifying systems and building the tools that will make the future of travel effortless.
We were part of Y Combinator S18's cohort and we are backed by Benchmark, Blossom, Index Ventures and Kima Ventures. A fantastic set of investors that has helped build some of the world's largest companies.
Our team in London is growing and we’re looking for talented people to join us on our journey.
Business Development at Duffel
As the Business Development (BD) function of a young startup, we have so much ground to cover, so much opportunity to tap. We are responsible for steering Duffel's commercial strategy and success. That includes seeking new markets, new clients, growing bookings and building strong relationships with existing clients. We are champions for our clients to ensure our products bring meaningful value to their businesses.
What we're looking for in you
- You have a skillset combining elements of strategic planning, sales, operations and entrepreneurship - bringing these together, you'll bring Duffel into new markets and to new clients.
- You have a strategic mind, and you're a do-er. You work on commercial strategy & planning, and also form & execute plans against these.
- You're experienced and comfortable through all stages of the acquisition funnel; from lead generation to deal-making, onboarding to relationship management.
- A "Launcher" approach to problem solving. You're able to navigate past roadblocks that come with new markets & businesses (eg. local regulation, sales ops, pricing models). This role is also employee #1 in the US, so there will most definitely be city launcher requirements of you alongside the BD work. Previous experience in new market & city launches would be highly beneficial.
- You'll be employee #1 in the US! You have to be comfortable working independently whilst staying aligned to overall strategy and Team HQ.
- An empathetic & big picture BD approach. Championing delivering long term value to clients.
- A flexibility & willingness to travel frequently. You'll be spending time in our London HQ as well as industry events & conferences.
- Previous experience engaging and managing the C-level would be a BIG plus.
What you'll be doing
- Commercial strategy & planning, primarily for the US market. You'll research & map out the key States, clients and relationships needed to successfully bring Duffel to the US market.
- Working closely with HQ on deciding the best go-to-market strategy & tactics (channels, pricing, business model etc.).
- Independently managing the full acquisition funnel (lead generation, deal-making, onboarding, relationship management).
- Bringing back client feedback/insights to help our team build better products.
- You'll be Duffel's brand ambassador in the US (and beyond), being present at industry events & conferences raising awareness of Duffel throughout.
- Streamlining processes; from BD to operations, to client support.
What you can expect from us
We’re dedicated to your personal growth. Our environment is comfortable physically, but also in that our ears are always open to any ideas, concerns and questions. We believe that everyone should have pride in their work, taking full ownership of it and its impact. That’s why everyone who joins Duffel owns a share of the company.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We believe that the key to our success is employing a diverse team, that’s why recruitment decisions are only based on your experience and skills. We value your ability to problem solve and build amazing things so we welcome applications for everyone – regardless of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Note to recruitment agencies
Duffel does not accept speculative CV's from external parties. Any unsolicited CV's sent to us will be treated as property of Duffel, and any attached terms and conditions associated with these CV's will be null and void.