People and Spaces – People /
We are making travel effortless. Join us.
Whether it’s to visit the people closest to us, starting an exciting adventure, or a career-defining business trip, travel is an essential part of our lives. Yet we've all experienced the aches and pains of getting to our destination. Today, more than 4 billion airline passengers rely on technology that hasn't kept up with the expectations of the modern connected traveller.
That’s why we’ve started to rebuild the infrastructure that underpins the travel industry. We’re on a mission to unravel travel — simplifying systems and building the tools that will make the future of travel effortless.
We were part of Y Combinator S18's cohort and we are backed by Benchmark, Blossom, Index Ventures and Kima Ventures. A fantastic set of investors that has helped build some of the world's largest companies.
Our team in London is growing and we’re looking for talented people to join us on our journey.
Recruiting at Duffel
At the end of 2019 we were a team of 15, today we're a team of 35 and growing. We have huge growth plans for next year with a heavy focus on engineering. You can find out more about our journey here :-)
With the support and partnership of other teams in the company, the recruiting team are responsible for building the team at Duffel. Through hiring manager and stakeholder collaboration, you'll identify, hire, onboard, and retain the talent for Duffel as we go on our growth journey in the years to come.
What we're looking for in you
- Previous experience in a full life cycle recruiting role; candidate sourcing & engagement, interview management, offer negotiations to new joiner onboarding and managing the process throughout with hiring managers.
- Previous experience recruiting software engineers across backend, frontend, and site reliability.
- A quality of hire, over quantity of hire approach to recruiting.
- You're able to attract high quality and in-demand talent, be it passive or active candidates. You should be an engaging story teller, able to create and deliver authentic value propositions to candidates.
- You're an advocate for great candidate and interviewer experiences. You're also a tinkerer of these things as we evolve our processes in the months and years to come.
- You'll have a great team to support you but you also need to be comfortable working independently and have a level of comfort setting your own goals.
- You like clean documentation. From interview guides & processes to reporting & tracking, to keeping our ATS as pristine as possible.
- You're reasonably comfortable with the ambiguity that can come with start-ups.
What you can expect from us
We’re dedicated to your personal growth. Our environment is comfortable physically, but also in that our ears are always open to any ideas, concerns and questions. We believe that everyone should have pride in their work, taking full ownership of it and its impact. That’s why everyone who joins Duffel owns a share of the company.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We believe that the key to our success is employing a diverse team, that’s why recruitment decisions are only based on your experience and skills. We value your ability to problem solve and build amazing things so we welcome applications for everyone – regardless of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Note to recruitment agencies
Duffel does not accept speculative CV's from external parties. Any unsolicited CV's sent to us will be treated as property of Duffel, and any attached terms and conditions associated with these CV's will be null and void.