Group Financial Accountant
Finance – Finance /
We are making travel effortless. Join us.
Whether it’s to visit the people closest to us, starting an exciting adventure, or a career-defining business trip, travel is an essential part of our lives. Yet we've all experienced the aches and pains of getting to our destination. Today, more than 4 billion airline passengers rely on technology that hasn't kept up with the expectations of the modern connected traveller.
That’s why we’ve started to rebuild the infrastructure that underpins the travel industry. We’re on a mission to unravel travel — simplifying systems and building the tools that will make the future of travel effortless.
We were part of Y Combinator S18's cohort and we are backed by Benchmark, Blossom, Index Ventures and Kima Ventures. A fantastic set of investors that has helped build some of the world's largest companies.
Our team in London is growing and we’re looking for talented people to join us on our journey.
Finance at Duffel
Currently, all end-to-end financial activities are managed by our Head of Finance with support from our Finance Assistant. We are now looking to further expand the team as the Duffel Group (6 reporting entities, across 4 regions) & our responsibilities have grown. This a great role for anyone looking to accelerate their learning, build new things, collaborate with cross-functional teams & join us on this exciting journey.
In this position, you will have the opportunity to manage financial operations, drive process improvements, and exercise good business judgment while performing your role. You will also get exposure to other areas of the business including legal and our travel agency operations.
What we're looking for in you
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Accounting or Finance
- A recognised accounting qualification (ACA, CIMA, ACCA) or you are pursuing one
- Experience working within a finance team
- Proven experience in completing the monthly close process end-to-end and delivering management reports
- Exposure to accounting systems, experience using NetSuite is an advantage
- Strong grasp of business reporting and financial statements: P&L, BS & Cashflow
- Excellent knowledge and experience of MS Excel (a plus would be experience in using advanced formulas to analyse data)
- Outstanding analytical skills, agile and hands-on, high attention to detail, committed to making an impact
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both verbal and written, as you will communicate with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience with internal controls & process improvements
- Ability to be flexible and comfortable with changing requirements
What you'll be doing
- Plan and perform monthly close activities, including reconciliations, variance analyses and analytical reviews, producing internal management reporting and external audit support
- Liaise regularly with the Head of Finance and further your knowledge working alongside an experienced, qualified accountant
- Ensure Accounts Payable and Receivable processes run smoothly, including reviewing and completing various processes such as creating and posting of invoices, managing customer & supplier reconciliations, and credit control
- Conduct bank reconciliation activities, prepare domestic & multi-currency international payments and allocate receipts
- Ensure proper cut off & timely balance sheet item reconciliation
- Review General Ledger transactions for proper posting of transactions
- Assist in ensuring appropriate tax compliance and timely external reporting
- Manage the Group payroll process including expense processing and payments
- Deliver finance onboarding training to new hires
- Support ad-hoc projects as required
What you can expect from us
We’re dedicated to your personal growth. Our environment is comfortable physically, but also in that our ears are always open to any ideas, concerns and questions. We believe that everyone should have pride in their work, taking full ownership of it and its impact. That’s why everyone who joins Duffel owns a share of the company.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We believe that the key to our success is employing a diverse team, that’s why recruitment decisions are only based on your experience and skills. We value your ability to problem solve and build amazing things so we welcome applications for everyone – regardless of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Note to recruitment agencies
Duffel does not accept speculative CV's from external parties. Any unsolicited CV's sent to us will be treated as property of Duffel, and any attached terms and conditions associated with these CV's will be null and void.