Design – Apps /
We are making travel effortless. Join us.
Whether it’s to visit the people closest to us, starting an exciting adventure, or a career-defining business trip, travel is an essential part of our lives. Yet we've all experienced the aches and pains of getting to our destination. Today, more than 4 billion airline passengers rely on technology that hasn't kept up with the expectations of the modern connected traveller.
That’s why we’ve started to rebuild the infrastructure that underpins the travel industry. We’re on a mission to unravel travel — simplifying systems and building the tools that will make the future of travel effortless.
We were part of Y Combinator S18's cohort and we are backed Benchmark, Blossom, Index Ventures and Kima Ventures. A fantastic set of investors that has helped build some of the world's largest companies.
Our team in London is growing and we’re looking for talented people to join us on our journey.
Design at Duffel.
We fundamentally believe that the key to creating products people love is great design. Whether it's creating a delightfully intuitive user interface or well crafted APIs that are easy to use.
As a Product Designer at Duffel, you will work in a multidisciplinary team throughout the entire product development process. From initial concepts that tackle challenging business problems right through to iterating on polished interfaces before release. While it goes without saying that we're looking for people that can deliver a beautiful usable product, it's just as important that you're able to understand the customer, advocate for their needs and ensure that we're building the right solutions to their problems.
You'll problem solve using design thinking, validate your solutions through research and create beautiful interfaces across a range of applications people will love to use.
What we're looking for in you
- You're an experienced designer who can drive our product forward. You will build new products from scratch, as well as iterate existing products.
- You're a versatile designer. It's great to have an area of expertise, but being a small team, it'd be beneficial to have a general appreciation of all things design across visual, experience, systems, typography and data visualisation.
- You have experience building desktop & web products.
- You should have a good working knowledge of the best practices, tools and techniques across user-centred design, usability research and prototyping. You keep up-to-date with the latest trends in design and technology.
- You can take the lead on early user research efforts, validating user pain points and the products we need to build. Our users include Founders, CTO's and CEO's, operations and customer support teams - we need to build out equally intuitive & delightful experiences for all of them.
- You're able to absorb a lot of information about an unfamiliar industry and use it to conceive elegant solutions to complex problems.
- You should be able to communicate and explain concepts to a wide range of stakeholders.
What you can expect from us
We’re dedicated to your personal growth. Our environment is comfortable both physically, but also in that our ears are always open to any ideas, concerns and questions. We believe that everyone should have pride in their work, taking full ownership of it and its impact. That’s why everyone who joins Duffel owns a share of the company.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We believe that the key to our success is employing a diverse team, that’s why recruitment decisions are only based on your experience and skills. We value your ability to problem solve and build amazing things so we welcome applications for everyone – regardless of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.