Travel Support Consultant
Travel Operations – Travel Support
We are making travel effortless. Join us.
Whether it’s to visit the people closest to us, starting an exciting adventure, or a career-defining business trip, travel is an essential part of our lives. Yet we've all experienced the aches and pains of getting to our destination. Today, more than 4 billion airline passengers rely on technology that hasn't kept up with the expectations of the modern connected traveller.
That’s why we’ve started to rebuild the infrastructure that underpins the travel industry. We’re on a mission to unravel travel — simplifying systems and building the tools that will make the future of travel effortless.
We were part of Y Combinator S18's cohort and we are backed Benchmark, Blossom, Index Ventures and Kima Ventures. A fantastic set of investors that has helped build some of the world's largest companies.
Our team in London is growing and we’re looking for talented people to join us on our journey.
Travel Support at Duffel
Travel sellers, from traditional travel agents to the latest apps, use Duffel to sell flights. You'll be our first line of support, making sure that these travel sellers - and their customers - have a smooth and hassle-free experience.
You'll develop excellent relationships with our customers and become their de-facto account manager.
You'll respond to their queries and work with our Product & Engineering team to escalate technical problems and provide feedback to shape the future of the product.
This isn't your ordinary customer support job - you'll be the first employee in the support team, and you'll help build the team's processes from scratch.
What we're looking for in you
- Previous experience in the travel industry
- Experience of using a GDS (Amadeus, Sabre, Travelport, Galileo)
- You'll be employee #1 in this function! You have to be comfortable working independently from the start
- Ability to think outside-the-box and willingness to go the extra mile
- Customer obsessed, you're passionate about delivering exceptional customer service
What you'll be doing
- You’ll be the first point of contact for our customers, handling incoming emails, calls and live chat messages to assist with their queries
- Escalating issues to the Product & Engineering and Commercial teams to solve customer issues
- Bringing back client feedback and insights to help our team build better products and improve our customer journey
- Building relationships with travel sellers using the Duffel platform
- Building our processes and writing documentation so we always offer fast, consistent customer support
What you can expect from us
We’re dedicated to your personal growth. Our environment is comfortable physically, but also in that our ears are always open to any ideas, concerns and questions. We believe that everyone should have pride in their work, taking full ownership of it and its impact. That’s why everyone who joins Duffel owns a share of the company.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We believe that the key to our success is employing a diverse team, that’s why recruitment decisions are only based on your experience and skills. We value your ability to problem solve and build amazing things so we welcome applications for everyone – regardless of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Note to recruitment agencies
Duffel does not accept speculative CV's from external parties. Any unsolicited CV's sent to us will be treated as property of Duffel, and any attached terms and conditions associated with these CV's will be null and void.