Software Engineer, Frontend (Growth)
Engineering – Apps /
We are making travel effortless. Join us.
Whether it’s to visit the people closest to us, starting an exciting adventure, or a career-defining business trip, travel is an essential part of our lives. Yet we've all experienced the aches and pains of getting to our destination. Today, more than 4 billion airline passengers rely on technology that hasn't kept up with the expectations of the modern connected traveller.
That’s why we’ve started to rebuild the infrastructure that underpins the travel industry. We’re on a mission to unravel travel — simplifying systems and building the tools that will make the future of travel effortless.
We were part of Y Combinator S18's cohort and we are backed by Benchmark, Blossom, Index Ventures and Kima Ventures. A fantastic set of investors that has helped build some of the world's largest companies.
Our team in London is growing and we’re looking for talented people to join us on our journey.
Something to consider when reading this job advert
We know people engage with job adverts differently. Some will view it as a checklist that needs to be at 100% before applying; others will see 60% as good enough. If you think you have what it takes but don't necessarily meet all the requirements on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat, learn more about you and see if it could be a great fit.
Engineering at Duffel
You'll be joining a small team that is focused on growing the number of merchants on our platform. The Growth team is constantly refining the ways our users discover Duffel, learn about its product, sign up for our platform and go live.
You'll be running and measuring growth experiments, improving our marketing website, shaping our onboarding flow, optimising our product analytics and more.
The tools used on the team include React, Node, NextJS and Typescript.
What we're looking for in you
- Experience building beautiful, clean and intuitive products with frontend technologies.
- A growth- and key results-led approach to your work and with an obsession for continuous improvement.
- A clear understanding of marketing acquisition and conversion funnels.
- Experience working and integrating with marketing-related tools like Mixpanel, Segment, Google Analytics.
- A high bar for code quality and development practices.
- Fantastic communication skills. You're able to articulate what you're working on and why to the team in a clear and structured way.
- Ability for problem solving with analytical first approaches.
- Thriving in a collaborative environment. You believe in your own methods but keep an open mind, taking suggestions and feedback onboard as well.
What you can expect from us
We’re dedicated to your personal growth. Our environment is comfortable physically, but also in that our ears are always open to any ideas, concerns and questions. We believe that everyone should have pride in their work, taking full ownership of it and its impact. That’s why everyone who joins Duffel owns a share of the company.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We believe that the key to our success is employing a diverse team, that’s why recruitment decisions are only based on your experience and skills. We value your ability to problem solve and build amazing things so we welcome applications for everyone – regardless of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Note to recruitment agencies
Duffel does not accept speculative CV's from external parties. Any unsolicited CV's sent to us will be treated as property of Duffel, and any attached terms and conditions associated with these CV's will be null and void.