San Diego, CA
At Dvele, we’re changing what it means to live. Your home is the most personalized product on the planet and is the environment in which you spend most of your life. Dvelings measurably improve the health and happiness of its inhabitants while positively impacting the world at large. We achieve this through the application of design, science, technology and years of experience to evolve the way homes are created.
Join our team, help build an amazing company and create the next evolution of home. You’ll be an early team member in a well funded “startup” that is already delivering on its promises of amazing homes that improve your health and our planet’s.
Our ideal FP&A Manager is a multi-tool player that will lead our FP&A initiatives across the Company. Our ideal candidate is hands on and can work in a fast-paced start-up environment. This position is responsible for all areas related to Forecasting, Budgeting, Long Range Planning, Financial Modeling, Financial Reporting and Analysis. The FP&A Manager will establish and implement robust forecasting and financial reporting tools, metrics and dashboards. This position will address tight deadlines and a multitude of FP&A activities which will include implementing process, procedures and systems. The FP&A Manager will have contact with senior-level Executives, which requires strong interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Create and manage models for forecasting and budgeting for the full P&L, including revenue, costing, margin and all operating departments.
- Forecast and budget management which includes tracking key revenue, costing and expense metrics, including headcount and discretionary spend.
- Update forecasts on a quarterly basis. Update budgets on an annual basis. Forecasts and budgets need to be timely and accurate.
- Influence timely decisions to align with financials targets, which may include ad hoc financial analysis.
- Ability to recognize and implement process improvements and build scalable processes.
- Communicate and explain variances between Actuals vs Forecast vs Budget on a monthly basis.
- Assist with the monthly close process by recognizing need for accruals.
- Create and mange models for to support business scenario analysis
- Work with CFO to determine requirements, appropriate solutions, and implement planning system changes.
- Lead, drive and refine systems where needed that will help support reporting changes.
- Create/modify existing reports/dashboards as needed.
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Support CFO with special projects and workflow process improvements
Experience and Education Guidelines
- BA/BS in Business with an emphasis in Accounting/Finance
- Five to seven years’ experience in the FP&A area. Experience working in a start-up environment and tech and real estate industry experience is preferred.
- Must be PC proficient and able to thrive in a fast -pace setting. Must have strong experience with Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Prior involvement with evaluating and implementing Host Analytics, Adaptive Insights, Hyperion Planning (or similar).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, supervisory and customer service skills required.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required.
The marginal functions of this position have not been included. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed. An employee will be required to follow any other job-related duties required by the manager.
Dvele is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Dvele, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.