Director of Manufacturing
Loma Linda, CA /
At Dvele, we’re changing what it means to live. Your home is the most personalized product on the planet and is the environment in which you spend most of your life. Dvelings measurably improve the health and happiness of its inhabitants while positively impacting the world at large. We achieve this through the application of design, science, technology and years of experience to evolve the way homes are created.
Join our team, help build an amazing company and create the next evolution of home. You’ll be an early team member in a well funded “startup” that is already delivering on its promises of amazing homes that improve your health and our planet’s.
Dvele seeks a talented full-time Director of Manufacturing to join our team. You would be an early hire in a fast growing prefabricated home company.
This individual will be our key person in the critical phase of our home production and scheduling. The individual will be responsible for controlling the factory processes and procedures driving quality, delivery and cost. This position is based out of our Loma Linda factory.
- Hire and build a team that will achieve a high quality standard in modular production
- Provide leadership to all manufacturing personnel that will promote a safe and positive work environment
- Establish training and accountability programs that assure all manufacturing personnel understand and meet job requirements
- Conduct weekly meetings to review metrics, establish departmental targets and to communicate progress towards objectives
- Maintain tools and equipment for safe and efficient production
- Continuously monitor processes to assure that all requirements are met
- Production line development and continual improvements
- Review and ensure production readiness of projects from design through to manufacturing & final assembly
- Developed proprietary construction methods Continual improvement of the production facilities and processes
- Coordinate the efforts of the manufacturing team with production, field, procurement, and sales
- Refine business process related to engineering and manufacturing
- Reduced errors in manufacturing and assembly documentation by 50% through establishing process and setting of actionable KPI’s
- Transparent communication and collaboration between design, engineering, manufacturing and other teams
- Keep a client focused and quality first mindset within the organization
- Design and manufacturing technology innovation to improve quality, reduce time and expense through the entire product development chain Implementation of software to drive systems
- Coordinate/collaborate with estimating, procurement, design, engineering, sales, marketing, and executive team
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering or Manufacturing, a related field, or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience managing in a production environment.
- Understanding of building systems and applicable codes.
- High level of experience in manufacturing from a metrics standpoint (LEAN, Kanban Inventory System Management, and other aspects of TPS)
- Ability to manage multiple project schedules.
- Ability to read and understand complex blueprints and drawings.
- An eye for detail and a desire to perform at a high level.
- Experience with cloud based productivity tools such as Google Apps for Business (Google Docs, Gmail, etc) or at least Microsoft Office products, i.e. Word and Excel.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Strong analytical skills for effective problem solving.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.