Technical Software Application Delivery Manager
Burnaby, British Columbia /
Research & Development – Application Development Technologies and Tools /
Technical Software Application Delivery Manager -Burnaby, British Columbia - Direct Hire / Full time
Despite the power of today’s supercomputers, there are many complex computing problems that can’t be addressed by conventional systems. We believe that quantum computing has the potential to help solve some of the most complex technical, scientific, national defense, and commercial problems that organizations face.
From inception, D-Wave Systems has focused on following the fastest path to practical, real-world applications that deliver customer value. Today, we offer a full stack of systems, software, developer tools, and services to enable enterprises, governments, laboratories, and academic institutions to access the power of quantum computing. To meet our goals, we are seeking a Technical Software Delivery Manager to join the Application Development Team in Burnaby, British Columbia .
As part of the application & tools development team, you will lead delivery of complex, open-source applications for our customers. You will also build upon successful projects to develop industry-leading applications running on advanced quantum systems. You will have the chance to learn about our open source application environment, participate in external sales calls, work with internal teams and customers to build application development plans, lead internal application development teams and drive delivery of applications for market launch. You will participate in strategic decisions on market opportunities and lead delivery of applications for market launch. You will build and manage relationships with strategic application partners including large technology companies and global consulting firms. This is an exciting opportunity to work with industry-leading customers and partners, and to build applications for the most advanced quantum computer in the world.
In this role, you will:
- Participate in sales calls with industry-leading customers
- Develop proposals and statements of work
- Estimate projects and build application development plans
- Lead customer-facing projects to build applications on the quantum computer
- Lead teams of application developers to deliver application projects
- Ensure successful delivery of projects to achieve business value for customers
- Manage customer relationships throughout the project life cycle
- Work with executive and sales teams to build corporate partnerships
- Manage ongoing relationships with strategic partners, including global consulting and technology firms
- Estimate and deliver application projects for strategic partners
- Develop requirements for handoff to internal product teams, and acting as the voice of the customer for internal development projects
- Build business models, drive design and development, and ensure successful launch of applications for market release
- About you:
- Demonstrated expertise in technical application or software development domains in an open source environment
- 5+ years experience successfully consulting and/or leading delivery of complex software development projects at large scale
- Experience leading both customer-facing and technical software development teams
- Enterprise level customer relationship management experience, including building relationships through all stages of the project life cycle, from sales through project delivery
- Partner account relationship management experience, including managing relationships with large global technology firms and consulting companies
- Project management experience, including estimating projects, writing proposals, building project plans, managing to these plans, managing risks and issues, and proven experience ensuring successful project delivery on time and within budget
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including sales presentations, project steering committee presentations, and providing partner updates
- Experience working in many industries, learning new domain fast, and adding value fast
- Hands on Software Application Development skills required for this role (Python, R or C++ preferred). However, there will be limited coding in this role. You will need enough hands on experience to speak to sr level technical developers and customers effectively based on first hand knowledge
- Experience building optimization engines or applications, to solve complex optimization problems for individual customers or for market release
- Quantum computing experience
- Experience as a software developer, building applications or tools for internal customers or for market release
- Consulting background, as a consultant or manager at a top-tier global consulting company
Bonus points for:
This role is a direct hire, full time opportunity in Burnaby, British Columbia. Full time remote work will be allowed during the Covid Pandemic.
D-Wave is passionate about building a diverse and inclusive workplace and welcomes applicants from a wide range of backgrounds, identities and experiences. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or provincial law.