Senior Software Developer In Test (Remote US or Canada)
Remote (Canada) /
Research & Development – Quality Assurance /
D-Wave is the leader in the development and delivery of quantum computing systems, software, and services and is the world’s first commercial supplier of quantum computers. Our mission is to unlock the power of quantum computing by delivering customer value with practical quantum applications for problems as diverse as logistics, artificial intelligence, materials sciences, drug discovery, cybersecurity, fault detection, and financial modeling.
D-Wave’s systems and quantum cloud services are being used by some of the world’s most advanced organizations, including Volkswagen, DENSO, Lockheed, and Los Alamos National Laboratory. We have also appeared in Time Magazine, MIT Technology Review, Forbes, INC Magazine and Wired.
As of August 8, 2022, our organization is a publicly traded quantum computing company, trading on the NYSE as ($QBTS).
About the role:
D-Wave’s Test Engineering team is seeking a Senior Software Developer in Test! In this role, you will be on a team of highly motivated software developers working with our software, applications and DevOps teams to test, automate, monitor, deploy and advance our state-of-the-art hybrid and quantum computing service.
Your primary focus will be the Leap cloud platform and hybrid solver service with aspects of manual and automated test development, performance testing, test ops, and CI/CD automation. You will collaborate on the entire development process end-to-end from technical requirements review, and development, through implementation) along with enhancing our sophisticated test automation infrastructure.
You will have the opportunity to influence the future of our products and get exposure to a full quantum computing stack from the client side all the way through to the classical systems driving the QPU.
What you'll do:
- Develop comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Design, develop and implement automated test cases and test infrastructure for validating existing and new features
- Review and translate customer/business/product requirements and product goals into appropriate end-to-end and functional tests
- Maintain acceptable code coverage through automated regression tests
- Report, monitor and track the resolution of defects
- Design, implement, and operate our deployment pipelines for cloud systems
- Use your experience and expertise to provide architectural and design guidance to our development teams for our cloud services
- Work with the software development and DevOps teams to streamline our build processes and release management via continuous integration and deployment pipelines
- Take ownership and participate in root-cause analysis of production incidents
- Continuously monitor and improve the performance and reliability of regression test suites
What you'll bring:
- A degree in Computing Science, Engineering or equivalent education and experience
- 3+ years of professional experience in UI test automation/quality assurance or software development role
- 3+ years of professional experience developing automated test cases
- 2+ years of related programming experience in Python, Ruby, Groovy, Go, or a comparable language including specifically working with 3rd party REST APIs
- A methodical approach and a good eye for detail
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, collaborative team
- Knowledge of modern software testing methodologies, OOP, tools and processes
- Aptitude towards designing and architecting high-quality, reliable software test assets including test design, approach, scripts and bugs
- Experience in an Agile Environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - you like to document your work!
Bonus points for:
- Experience in architecting, configuring, deploying, operating, and troubleshooting modern SaaS/PaaS web applications and environments on a major cloud platform
- Experience with monitoring systems such as Kibana, Grafana
- Expert in source code control, managing artifacts, configuration management / configuration as code, CI/CD pipelines, etc. e.g. Git, Terraform, Docker, Jenkins, Spinnaker, or their equivalents
We celebrate diverse perspectives to drive innovation in our pursuit. Our employees range from distinguished domain experts with decades of experience in their respective fields, to bright and motivated graduates eager to make their mark.
Our diverse and innovative team will make you feel appreciated, supported and empower your career growth at D-Wave.
No 3rd party candidates will be accepted.
It is D-Wave Systems Inc. policy to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/provincial, local law.