Regional Sales Manager- North America/ East Coast
Sales & Marketing – Sales /
Regional Sales Manager – North America (SaaS, Cloud Services) - East Coast - Direct Hire / Full Time
D-Wave is the leader in quantum computing systems, software, and services and is the world’s first commercial supplier of quantum computers. Our web service, LeapTM, is the only cloud service that delivers real-time access to a quantum computer (currently Advantage at 5000 Qubits) and a full suite of open-source programming tools. Leap now has hybrid capabilities that combine the power of quantum and classical computers, analogous to the way a CPU works with a GPU, enabling the solution of very large problems. Software tools make programming easy, in languages like Python.
D-Wave’s customers have developed more than 200 early applications of our quantum system. With the combined capabilities of the next generation system, Advantage, and the recently introduced hybrid solvers, D-Wave’s customers will be able to deploy these capabilities to benefit their businesses.
To support this growth, we are searching for a Regional Sales Manager to play a key role in our continued revenue, customer and partner growth in North America. This is an individual contributor role initially with great growth potential! Responsibilities include driving new business selling D-Wave’s Quantum Cloud products and services to new and existing customers in North America. The position entails close collaboration with Sales Engineering for prospecting, lead qualification, product presentations, and local sales campaigns to build pipeline; forecasting and closing business. Additionally, ability to manage sales executives, recruit and manage channel partners, and foster relationships with current customers will be crucial for success in this role.
What you will do:
- Drive new business selling D-Wave’s Quantum Cloud products and services to new and existing customers in North America
- Prospecting, lead qualification, product presentations, and local sales campaigns
- Present and position the products to individual customer prospects, understand clients’ most critical computational challenges and problems to be solved and help map D-Wave value within that context
- Translate and present D-Wave’s vision, strategy product roadmaps to value for executive and technical level customers and potential customers
- Represent the company at conferences, seminars, etc.
- Respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPsIn collaboration with sales engineers convey customer requirements and feedback to the Applications Development and Product Management teams
- Identify and recommend new customer projects utilizing D-Wave solutions
Required Attributes, Skills and Experience:
- 10 years+ experience selling products in application development, data analytics, data science or operational process optimization preferably in a cloud or SaaS model
- Ability to effectively engage with algorithm and application development teams for enterprise scale problems...strong with Math/algorithms
- Track record of building a new territory, preferably at a start-up
- Closed multiple $1M+ software license agreements
- Experience selling to fortune 1000 enterprises, systems integrators, independent software vendors, and global 2000 enterprises
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to map portfolio of technical software and cloud solutions to the customers’ needs (This is a technical role requiring some solution architecture work)
- Ability to become a trusted advisor and establish credibility with potential customers, partners and key customers
- Strong listening skills and a consultative approach to sales or problem solving aligned to customer goals
- Ability to travel and work virtually
- Technical background or systems engineering experience a plus
- Intellectual curiosity, honesty and integrity
- Passion for discovery and success
- College degree with Computer Science, Engineering or related STEM field is preferred
- Once pandemic restrictions are reduced, must be able to travel frequently (up to 50%+). Some international travel may be required.
- Must be based within 20 miles of a major airport with International travel options available
- Must have active Green card or be a US Citizen with no travel restrictions. No sponsorship available
- Must have valid US driver's license with clean driving record.
D-Wave is passionate about building a diverse and inclusive workplace and welcomes applicants from a wide range of backgrounds, identities and experiences. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or provincial law.