Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis
Burnaby, British Columbia /
Business Services – Finance and Accounting /
D-Wave is looking for exceptionally motivated people who love to see the impact of their work, who are motivated, and who want to be a part of something special. We are working to radically change what is possible with computers and are leading the effort to commercialize quantum computing.
D-Wave is the leader in quantum computing systems, software, and services and is the world’s first commercial supplier of quantum computers. Our web service, LeapTM, is the only cloud service that delivers real-time access to a quantum computer (currently the 5000Q Advantage) and a full suite of open-source programming tools. Leap now has hybrid capabilities that combine the power of quantum and classical computers, analogous to the way a CPU works with a GPU, enabling the solution of very large problems. Software tools make programming easy, in languages like Python.
D-Wave customers include large organization organizations like Volkswagen, Save-on-Foods, DENSO, Lockheed Martin and Los Alamos National Labs, as well as smaller companies working in logistics, financial optimization and drug design.
Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis
D-Wave is looking for a Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis to join our team, reporting to our VP Finance. The successful candidate will work both tactically and strategically to drive the translation from financial data to the story behind the numbers.
You’ll be responsible for our management reporting and forward-looking scenario planning. This position is highly visible to our executive team and in cross-functional partnership with other teams. You’ll also contribute to analysis, performance measurement, analyzing and setting KPIs and various other FP&A initiatives.
Our team is a tight knit group who deeply understands that no one succeeds alone. We’re supportive, dynamic and responsive and are looking for someone to bring the same approach. The environment is constantly evolving, as D-Wave is a growing tech company. Managing multiple projects and supporting the full Finance team will be integral to succeeding at this role.
The team is working remotely during COVID, with access to the office if needed.
- Leading and driving monthly management reporting, analysis, and presentations, using Excel and Power Point
- Leading the annual budgeting process
- Managing the forecasting process
- Developing long-term business models
- Developing and updating revenue models for forecasting and sensitivity analysis
- Analyzing and presenting key relevant information on the monthly performance against budget and forecasts
- Ensuring that all FP&A deliverables and requests are met in a timely, accurate and action-based manner
- Supporting the accounting team on projections of revenue and other projects as required
- Participating in the development, maintenance and maturation of the technology stack used for FP&A purposes, including Netsuite and SalesForce
What you’ll bring:
- 8+ years of experience in FP&A
- CPA, MBA or CFA
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, in particular the ability to communicate financial data to other teams using charts, visuals and other methods
- Strong understanding of financial reporting (D-Wave reports in both IFRS and US Gaap)
- Experience with multi-currency and multi-subsidiary consolidations
- Advanced proficiency in Excel (e.g. Macros, Pivot Tables etc)
- Experience within a SaaS company and relevant metrics would be an asset
- Experience in M&A and/or Financing activities is preferred
- At this stage, there are no direct team members who you would be managing; however, there are people within Finance and across the company who would support various projects
- Exposure to business intelligence software is an asset, including Power BI, as well as using ODBC Drivers
- Netsuite experience is preferred
D-Wave is passionate about building a diverse and inclusive workplace and welcomes applicants from all backgrounds, identities and experiences. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or provincial law.