Regional Sales Manager – EMEA (Cloud Solutions and Professional Services)
Remote (UK) /
Sales & Marketing – Sales /
D-Wave is the leader in quantum computing systems, software, and services and is the world’s first commercial supplier of quantum computers. Our web service, Leap™, is the only cloud service that delivers real-time access to a quantum computer (currently Advantage at 5000 Qubits) and a full suite of open-source programming tools. Leap now has hybrid capabilities that combine the power of quantum and classical computers, analogous to the way a CPU works with a GPU, enabling the solution of very large problems. Software tools make programming easy, in languages like Python.
D-Wave’s customers have developed more than 200 early applications of our quantum system. With the combined capabilities of the next generation system, Advantage, and the recently introduced hybrid solvers, D-Wave’s customers will be able to deploy these capabilities to benefit their businesses.
To support this growth, we are searching for a Regional Sales Manager to play a key role in our continued revenue, customer and partner growth in Europe. This is an individual contributor role initially with great growth potential! Responsibilities include driving new business selling D-Wave’s Quantum Cloud solutions and professional services to new and existing customers in Europe. The position entails close collaboration with Sales Engineering for prospecting, lead qualification, product presentations, and local sales campaigns to build pipeline; forecasting and closing business. Additionally, ability to manage complex enterprise sales cycles, recruit and manage channel partners, and develop close relationships with current customers will be crucial for success in this role.
What you will do:
- Drive new business selling D-Wave’s Quantum Cloud solutions and professional services to new and existing customers in Europe
- Prospecting, lead qualification, product presentations, and local sales campaigns
- Sell and position quantum and quantum hybrid solutions and services to individual customer prospects, understand clients’ most critical computational challenges and problems to be solved in order to create D-Wave value
- Effectively communicate D-Wave’s vision, strategy and product roadmaps to executive level and highly technical stakeholders
- Represent the company at conferences, seminars, etc.
- Respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs in collaboration with sales engineers convey customer requirements and feedback to the Applications Development and Product Management teams
- Identify and recommend new customer projects utilizing D-Wave solutions
Required Skills and Experience:
- 8 years+ experience selling cloud solutions and associated professional services ideally in application development, data analytics, data science or operational process optimization preferably within a cloud or SaaS model
- Ability to effectively engage with multiple internal and external stakeholders in algorithm and application development teams, building solutions for enterprise scale problems. Ideally strong with Math/algorithms
- Track record of building a new territory, preferably within a start-up / scale-up environment
- Comfortable with ambiguity and possessed with an agile, growth mindset
- Experience of closing multiple $1M+ software license agreements
- Knowledgeable of selling to fortune 500 enterprises, systems integrators, independent software vendors, and global 2000 companies
- Ability to map portfolio of technical software and cloud solutions to the customers’ needs (This is a sales role requiring some technical solution architecture work)
- Willingness to travel and work virtually
- Technical background or systems engineering experience a plus
- Intellectual curiosity, honesty, and integrity
- Passion for discovery and success
- College degree with Computer Science, Engineering or related STEM field is preferred
- Must be prepared to travel as required (up to 50%+). Some international travel required.
- Must be based within easy reach of a major airport with international travel options available
No 3rd party candidates will be accepted.
It is D-Wave Systems Inc. policy to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/provincial, local law.