Equity Specialist (Hybrid)
Burnaby, BC /
Business Services – Human Resources /
D-Wave is the leader in the development and delivery of quantum computing systems, software, and services and is the world’s first commercial supplier of quantum computers. Our mission is to unlock the power of quantum computing by delivering customer value with practical quantum applications for problems as diverse as logistics, artificial intelligence, materials sciences, drug discovery, cybersecurity, fault detection, and financial modeling.
D-Wave’s systems and quantum cloud services are being used by some of the world’s most advanced organizations, including Volkswagen, DENSO, Lockheed, and Los Alamos National Laboratory. We have also appeared in Time Magazine, MIT Technology Review, Forbes, INC Magazine and Wired.
As of August 8, 2022, our organization is a publicly traded quantum computing company, trading on the NYSE as (QBTS).
About the role:
We have a new opportunity for an Equity Specialist! In this role, you will report to the Director, Total Rewards and administer D-Wave's global equity programs and partner with other functional leads (including Legal, Finance, Payroll, and Tax) to develop processes and ensure the accuracy of all equity data including all aspects of record-keeping, tax withholdings, equity reporting, reconciliation, and auditing.
What you'll do:
- Manage the daily administration of our stock plans, including eligibility, enrollment, approvals, processing stock option and restricted stock unit awards, exercises and settlements, tax withholdings, tax mobility files, expirations, cancellations, repurchases, terminations and other plan-related actions (in partnership with HR, Legal and Payroll as needed)
- Assist in the preparation and processing of vesting and release of restricted stock units, and coordinate with US, Canadian, and International Payroll on accurate tax withholding true-up via payroll
- Provide a superior level of service, prioritizing, and satisfying multiple questions and requests from employees and others to support the understanding of stock plan services
- Assist participants with general inquiries including account information, website navigation, grant acknowledgements, ESPP enrollment, option exercises and restricted stock unit vesting
- Inform Legal of any Section 16 transactions to ensure the timely filing of Section 16 reports (Forms 3, 4 and 5)
- Work with D-Wave officers on the reporting, reviewing, and tracking of 10b5-1 trading plans
- Generate recurring reports for multiple internal and external corporate partners and respond timely to ad hoc data requests from business partners
- Manage the overall quarterly calendar of various stock administration related activities
- Perform routine audits to ensure that all data has been processed timely and correctly
- Lead the SOX compliance and controls on all aspects of the equity plan including documentation, testing and audit support
- Ensure all forms of equity compensation are administered following the terms and conditions of the plan(s) under which they are granted
- Assist in administering semi-annual ESPP purchases while monitoring and communicating changes to Payroll
- Assist the Legal Department with maintenance and filing Rule 144 paperwork and Form 4s in a timely manner
- Assist with internal and external audits relating to stock matters
- Assist with all other ad hoc project and responsibilities that may arise
What you'll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Human Resources or equivalent experience
- 2 or more years of experience as an Equity Specialist or similar position
- Experience administering U.S. and Canadian equity programs
- Technical experience handling stock options, RSU's and employee stock purchase plans, as well as related payroll tax reporting for Canadian and U.S. participants
- Experience with Computershare platform a plus
- Knowledge in regulatory developments and changes for stock plan administration
- Very strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Detail oriented – exceptional attention to detail
- Data savvy – ability to investigate and resolve data discrepancies
- Great communication skills with experience dealing with staff at all levels within an organization
- Self-starter, pro-active, and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to build trusting relationships, gain credibility, and partner with leaders and peers
- Demonstrated ability to be discreet with confidential company and employee information
- Ability to achieve results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with shifting priorities and deadlines
We celebrate diverse perspectives to drive innovation in our pursuit. Our employees range from distinguished domain experts with decades of experience in their respective fields, to bright and motivated graduates eager to make their mark.
Our diverse and innovative team will make you feel appreciated, supported and empower your career growth at D-Wave.
No 3rd party candidates will be accepted.
It is D-Wave Systems Inc. policy to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/provincial, local law.