General Accountant (Junior)
Burnaby, British Columbia /
Business Services – Finance and Accounting /
D-Wave is looking for exceptionally motivated people who love to see the impact of their work, who are motivated, and who want to be a part of something special. We are working to radically change what is possible with computers and are leading the effort to commercialize quantum computing.
D-Wave is the leader in quantum computing systems, software, and services and is the world’s first commercial supplier of quantum computers. Our web service, LeapTM, is the only cloud service that delivers real-time access to a quantum computer (currently our Advantage system) and a full suite of open-source programming tools. Leap now has hybrid capabilities that combine the power of quantum and classical computers, analogous to the way a CPU works with a GPU, enabling the solution of very large problems. Software tools make programming easy, in languages like Python.
D-Wave customers include large organization organizations like Volkswagen, Save-on-Foods, DENSO, Lockheed Martin and Los Alamos National Labs, as well as smaller companies working in logistics, financial optimization and drug design.
D-Wave is looking for a General Accountant to join our Finance and Accounting team. As the General Accountant, you will be reporting to the Manager, Accounting and be mainly tasked with Accounts Receivable duties, full cycle accounting, working with our ERP systems, and other responsibilities as required. D-Wave is seeking a highly motivated individual who is willing to learn and excited to make the role their own. You will be working with a dynamic team and have the opportunity to expand your skill set and goals.
- AR duties including but not limited to management of customer portal, invoicing, and collections
- Remote cheque deposits
- Monitor sales requests through Zendesk – our ticketing system
- Full cycle accounting
- Assist with month end GL reconciliations
- Bank and credit card reconciliations
- Assist with daily inventory adjustments
- Other Ad-hoc projects as needed
- Post secondary education with 1-2 years of general accounting experience working in a fast paced environment
- Strong working knowledge in Excel
- Prior experience with ERP system is preferred
- Attention to detail
- Excellent problem solving, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to establish priorities, work and think independently
This role will be based in Burnaby, B.C. and will be 100% remote during the COVID epidemic. Once it is safe to return to the office, the position will be onsite in Burnaby. Must be legally able to work in the Canada without sponsorship.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those who are selected for interviews will be contacted. D-Wave Systems Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer (EEO) and encourages applications from all qualified candidates regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, age, religion or sexual orientation.