Sr DevOps Engineer
Burnaby, British Columbia /
Research & Development – DevOps /
Sr DevOps Engineer- Burnaby, BC-Full time/Direct Hire only
D-Wave is looking for exceptionally motivated people who love to see the impact of their work on a daily basis, who are driven to ensure the success of the company, and who want to be a part of something special. We are working to radically change what is possible with computers and are leading the effort to commercialize quantum computing.
D-Wave’s systems are multi-disciplinary in nature spanning physics, mechanical engineering, cryogenics engineering, low noise analog and digital electronics, conventional computer networking, and a low magnetic field environment. The company's flagship product, the D-Wave 2000Q, is built around a novel superconducting quantum processor designed to exploit quantum resources known to offer large computational speedups on some problems. The D-Wave adiabatic quantum computer is able to sample from probability distributions and optimize functions that are computationally intractable using classical hardware. Our newest Advantage system was released September 2020 and is at a little over 5000 qubits. This system is designed for business with the goal of solving real world problems NOW. D-Wave Systems are currently being used by customers such as Lockheed, NASA and Google. D-Wave has appeared in Time Magazine, MIT Technology Review, Forbes, INC Magazine and Wired.
As a member of our DevOps team, you will be responsible for the development and support of D-Wave’s cloud and on-premise environments, CI/CD pipelines, monitoring infrastructure, and software development operations. You will work alongside D-Wave's software development, quality assurance, business systems, and IT teams to maintain, and scale-out D-Wave's cloud and on-premise infrastructure.
Our hybrid environment delivers our on-premise quantum hardware to the cloud and promises to provide a unique set of challenges for those looking to grow their skills in performance computing and low latency systems. Successful applicants will have extensive experience in the automated deployment and configuration of services on a major cloud provider (e.g. AWS etc.) and an excellent foundation in networking and security.
- Design, implement, and operate our Cloud and on-premise distributed systems
- Use your experience and expertise to provide architectural and design guidance to our development teams for our cloud services
- Work with the software development teams to streamline our build processes and release management via continuous integration and deployment pipelines
- Participate in security reviews to ensure that meets the security needs of our growing services through the design and development of security groups/zones, access rules, service configuration, testing and monitoring
- Respond to operational incidents with the system and a perform root-cause analysis
- Continuously monitor and improve the performance, durability and reliability of our services
- Willingness to join the on-call rotation of development and support staff for off-hours support of our services
- 6+ years of experience in architecting, configuring, deploying, operating, and troubleshooting SaaS/PaaS applications and environments on a major cloud platform - AWS/GCP/Azure
- Deep knowledge of cloud services such as; object-store, virtual networking, server-less computing, container workflow/development, in-memory cache, database, and elastic compute
- Experience operating a modern web service with a stringent customer SLA
- Experience integrating analytics and monitoring systems such as CloudWatch, ELK, Redshift, Zabbix or Nagios into cloud applications
- At least two years of related programming experience in Python, Go, Bash, or Ruby etc.
- Strong foundation in networking protocols and services
- Expert in source code control, managing artifacts, pipelines and eg. Git, Terraform/Packer, Ansible, Chef, Jenkins etc.
- Experience working in a complex, large scale, open source environment
- A degree in Computing Science, Engineering or equivalent education and experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills – you like to document your work!
This role is a direct hire, full time opportunity based in Canada. Candidates outside of Canada will not be considered. No 3rd party/sponsorship available at this time. Candidates with incomplete information will be declined automatically.
D-Wave is passionate about building a diverse and inclusive workplace and welcomes applicants from a wide range of backgrounds, identities and experiences. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or provincial law.