Lead, Solution Architect (Remote US or Canada)
Remote (US) /
Sales & Marketing – Professional Services /
D-Wave is the leader in the development and delivery of quantum computing systems, software, and services and is the world’s first commercial supplier of quantum computers. Our mission is to unlock the power of quantum computing by delivering customer value with practical quantum applications for problems as diverse as logistics, artificial intelligence, materials sciences, drug discovery, cybersecurity, fault detection, and financial modeling.
D-Wave’s systems and quantum cloud services are being used by some of the world’s most advanced organizations, including Volkswagen, DENSO, Lockheed, and Los Alamos National Laboratory. We have also appeared in Time Magazine, MIT Technology Review, Forbes, INC Magazine and Wired.
As of August 8, 2022, our organization is a publicly traded quantum computing company, trading on the NYSE as ($QBTS).
About the role:
We have an exciting new opportunity for Lead, Solution Architect! In this role, you will serve as the technical lead for customer applications projects while providing mentoring, training, and oversight to small teams of optimization engineers and applications developers within the professional services department.
Additionally, you will work with our internal teams and external customers to review customer business problems, map these problems to D-Wave’s hybrid solvers and advanced quantum systems, formulate solutions, build and test prototypes, and build applications that run-in production for our customers.
What you'll do:
- Build customer applications on the D-Wave quantum computer and internal tools
- Ensure successful delivery of projects to achieve business value for customers
- Communicate capabilities with customers and ask probing questions to understand the problem and propose solutions
- Gather requirements on customer use cases, lead brainstorming sessions, consult with customers on potential solutions, model use cases mathematically, and design and develop quantum hybrid applications
- Build and maintain relationships with leaders across various groups within D-Wave
- Share customer and project-related insights with D-Wave's tools and product teams and help prioritize new product features
- Organize, prepare, and present technical information in a clear and effective manner
- Participate in the development of an inclusive, helpful, fun environment
- Provide active feedback to team members ensuring continuous growth for both junior and senior members
What you'll bring:
- Masters, PhD, or equivalent in Operations Research, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, or related technical field
- 5+ years professional experience with Python. Knowledge of Numpy, Pandas, Scikit-learn, and Networkx is an extra bonus!
- Experience working directly with external customers (ideally in a consulting role) to identify requirements and consult on solutions to complex business problems
- Experience using leading optimization tools (e.g., CPlex or Gurobi) to solve optimization problems
- Practical view of what it means to solve customer problems, with a strong sense of urgency and an understanding of project delivery requirements
- Strong knowledge of probability, statistics and math
- Experience with a version control software such as Git
- Experience designing and implementing complex algorithms
- Experience working in many industries, learning new domains, and adding value quickly
- Experience building open-source applications to solve complex problems for customers or for market release
- Experience leading small applications development teams in an agile delivery environment; capable of breaking large work items down into smaller user stories while maintaining the big-picture view of how all the pieces fit together
- Collaborative mindset and solid interpersonal skills
- Passion for writing state-of-the-art code
- Experience providing technical leadership, in the form of design, coding, reviews, and test methodology
- Proven record of successful on-time delivery of projects with a high degree of predictability and quality
We celebrate diverse perspectives to drive innovation in our pursuit. Our employees range from distinguished domain experts with decades of experience in their respective fields, to bright and motivated graduates eager to make their mark.
Our diverse and innovative team will make you feel appreciated, supported and empower your career growth at D-Wave.
No 3rd party candidates will be accepted.
It is D-Wave Systems Inc. policy to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/provincial, local law.