Sr. Software Developer (Frontend)
Bellevue, Washington /
Research & Development – Systems Software /
Sr Software Developer (Frontend)- Direct Hire / Full time - Bellevue, WA
In 2018, D-Wave delivered Leap, the world’s first real-time quantum application environment. Since this initial release, D-Wave has continued to expand Leap with new and exciting functionality with ambitious plans for the future! We are looking for a Software Developer (Front-End) with experience building complex and dynamic user interfaces to help us build new online tools and content that will delight and engage users while they develop quantum computing powered applications. These applications solve some of the world’s most intractable problems. If you want to collaborate on a ground-breaking technology, this is your place!
As part of D-Wave’s System Software (SSW) team, you will develop new user interface screens, components, extensions and libraries for Leap as well as yet-to-be released online tools that abstract away complicated concepts to allow users to quickly build an application from end-to-end. No quantum computing knowledge is required, but you will be given the opportunity to learn as much as you want about this next generation of computing.
In this role you will:
· Collaborate with D-Wave’s UI/UX designer, product owners and other key stakeholders to help define and design new user interfaces that will meet business and technical requirements
· Work closely with back-end software developers and DevOps resources to develop and deploy build new screens, components, extensions and other user-interface elements
· Develop high-quality code and libraries that are optimized for cross-browser compatibility, speed, responsiveness, scalability, security and accessibility
· Ensure that UI/UX designs take into account implementation considerations
· Establish and promote front-end design development guidelines, best practices and standards
You will bring to this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of professional experience as a front-end developer using ReactJS and Redux
- A portfolio of past professional design and development work that demonstrates proficiency in UI/UX implementation
- Experience using nodeJS and package managers such as npm or yarn
- Great understanding of asynchronous programming techniques
- Experience consuming REST APIs
- Mid-level experience with Git: branching, merging, issuing pull requests, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal technical communication skills
- Experience with a data visualization framework such as D3.js
- Strong attention to detail, solid organizational and time management skills
- Attitude and desire to learn and grow
Bonus: one or more of the following additional qualifications would be awesome but not necessary:
- Experience contributing to a SaaS application hosted on AWS
- Experience with desktop UI development (Electron or equivalent)
- Experience building user interfaces with Django or Flask as the web application framework
- Experience capturing metrics from user interfaces to direct future improvements
- Experience with SwiftType, Elastic Search and search appliances
This position is located at D-Wave’s Bellevue office, in Washington State (US). Full time remote work will be allowed during the Covid pandemic.
To apply, please submit resume and portfolio of past professional design and development work.
D-Wave is passionate about building a diverse and inclusive workplace and welcomes applicants from a wide range of backgrounds, identities and experiences. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or provincial law.