Technical Sales Engineer (SaaS, Cloud Services) - West Coast
Bellevue, Washington /
Sales & Marketing – Technical Sales /
Technical Sales Engineer (SaaS, Cloud Services) -North America/West Coast
D-Wave is the leader in quantum computing systems, software, and services and is the world’s first commercial supplier of quantum computers. Our web service, LeapTM, is the only cloud service that delivers real-time access to a quantum computer (currently Advantage at 5000+ Qubits) and includes a full suite of open-source programming tools. Leap now has hybrid capabilities that combine the power of quantum and classical computers, analogous to the way a CPU works with a GPU, thus enabling the solution of very large problems. Our new DQM Solver in LeapTM now accepts problems that have discrete variables!
Our customers have developed more than 200 early applications of our quantum system. Software tools make programming easy, in languages like Python and C++. With the combined capabilities of the next generation system, Advantage, and the recently introduced hybrid solvers, D-Wave’s customers will be able to deploy these capabilities to benefit their businesses NOW.
To support our growth, D-Wave is seeking a Senior level, Technical Sales Engineer. This is a key role in our continued revenue, customer, and partner growth in North America. As a Sales Engineer, you will act as a technical advisor and product advocate for our Cloud and SaaS service offerings. You will be our front-line technical resource to facilitate pre-sales conversations with potential customers, training, and post-sales engagement to ensure our customers are getting up to speed as quickly as possible. You will work closely with the sales and marketing teams to implement our go-to-market strategies at scale. Additionally, you will collaborate with the product teams to stay up to date and provide user feedback on the technical advances of our quantum solutions.
Our Sales Engineers are responsible for articulating our technology and product positioning to both business and technical users. They assess potential customer applications of the products to determine those that represent the best fit or identify possible new formulations of the problems to improve the fit. Furthermore, they identify technical issues at assigned accounts to ensure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process therefore establishing and maintaining strong customer relationships throughout and after the sales cycle.
Previous experience in quantum computing is beneficial but not necessary. Given the Covid-19 pandemic, once traveling between the US and Canada is permissible again, travel to our head office in Burnaby, Canada will be required to receive training. Up to this point, this role will be remote.
- Present the product to individual customer prospects, understand clients’ most critical computational challenges and problems to be solved and help map D-Wave value within that context
- Translate and present D-Wave’s vision, strategy and product roadmaps to executive level customers and potential customers as well as to technical leaders
- Support sales executives with deep technical knowledge in Machine Learning, AI, Math/Algorithms, Optimization, SaaS and/or Cloud Services.
- Occasionally conduct product demonstrations at conferences, seminars, etc.
- Respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
- Manage the product evaluation process to ensure positive results and produce/present the resulting data reviews
- Convey customer requirements to the Applications Development and Product Management teams
- Be a technical resource on application and algorithm definition, quantum computing, industry trends, and competition
- Identify and recommend new customer projects utilizing D-Wave solutions
- Deliver D-Wave training for new users
Required Attributes, Skills and Experience:
- Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related STEM degree with minimum 5 years of experience in pre-sales or customer-facing roles in one of the following areas: application development or delivery, data analytics, data science, or operational process optimization using computing resources in a cloud or SaaS model
- Working knowledge and experience in definition of a problem to facilitate translation into algorithms and enterprise scale applications
- Strong Python programming experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to map portfolio of solutions to the customers’ needs
- Ability to become a trusted advisor and establish credibility with potential customers, partners and key customers
- Strong listening skills and a consultative approach to sales or problem solving aligned to customer goals
- Ability to travel internationally and work virtually
- Intellectual curiosity, honesty and integrity
- Passion for discovery and success
This role is a direct hire, full time opportunity based in the US. Candidates outside of the US will not be considered. No 3rd party/sponsorship available at this time.
D-Wave is passionate about building a diverse and inclusive workplace and welcomes applicants from a wide range of backgrounds, identities and experiences. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or provincial law.