Lead, Technical Delivery of Customer Applications (Remote US, Canada)
Remote (US) /
Sales & Marketing – Professional Services /
D-Wave is the leader in the development and delivery of quantum computing systems, software, and services and is the world’s first commercial supplier of quantum computers. Our mission is to unlock the power of quantum computing by delivering customer value with practical quantum applications for problems as diverse as logistics, artificial intelligence, materials sciences, drug discovery, cybersecurity, fault detection, and financial modeling.
D-Wave’s systems and quantum cloud services are being used by some of the world’s most advanced organizations, including Volkswagen, DENSO, Lockheed, and Los Alamos National Laboratory. We have also appeared in Time Magazine, MIT Technology Review, Forbes, INC Magazine and Wired.
As of August 8, 2022, our organization is a publicly traded quantum computing company, trading on the NYSE as ($QBTS).
About the role:
We have a new opportunity for a Lead, Technical Delivery to join our Professional Services team. This is an exciting opportunity to work with industry-leading customers and partners, and to build applications for the most advanced quantum computer in the world.
Reporting to the Director, Professional Services, you will lead the delivery of complex quantum-based applications for our customers from initial discovery through to production deployment.
The Lead, Technical Delivery will participate in external sales calls, work with internal teams and customers to build application development plans, lead internal application development teams and drive delivery of applications for market launch. This is a strategic role that will participate in decisions on market opportunities and build relationships with strategic application partners including large technology companies and global consulting firms.
What you'll do:
- Participate in sales calls with industry-leading customers
- Develop proposals and statements of work
- Estimate projects and build application development plans
- Lead customer-facing projects to build applications on the quantum computer
- Lead teams of application developers to deliver application projects
- Ensure successful delivery of projects to achieve business value for customers
- Manage customer relationships throughout the project life cycle
- Work with executive and sales teams to build corporate partnerships
- Manage ongoing relationships with strategic partners, including global consulting and technology firms
- Estimate and deliver application projects for strategic partners
- Develop requirements for handoff to internal product teams, and acting as the voice of the customer for internal development projects
- Build business models, drive design and development, and ensure successful launch of applications for market release
What you'll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree, Agile/Scrum certification, or equivalent education and experience
- Knowledge of software application development skills, such as Python, R, or C++ is preferred
- 5+ years professional experience successfully consulting and/or leading delivery of complex software development projects at large scale
- Experience leading both customer-facing and technical software development teams
- Enterprise level customer relationship management experience, including building relationships through all stages of the project life cycle, from sales through project delivery
- Partner account relationship management experience, including managing relationships with large global technology firms and consulting companies
- Project management experience, including estimating projects, writing proposals, building project plans, managing to these plans, managing risks and issues, and proven experience ensuring successful project delivery on time and within budget
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including sales presentations, project steering committee presentations, and providing partner updates
- Experience working in many industries and learning new domains, while adding business value
We celebrate diverse perspectives to drive innovation in our pursuit. Our employees range from distinguished domain experts with decades of experience in their respective fields, to bright and motivated graduates eager to make their mark.
Our diverse and innovative team will make you feel appreciated, supported and empower your career growth at D-Wave.
No 3rd party candidates will be accepted.
It is D-Wave Systems Inc. policy to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/provincial, local law.