Senior Sales Engineer - West Coast (Remote US, Canada)
Remote (Canada) /
Sales & Marketing – Technical Sales /
D-Wave is the leader in the development and delivery of quantum computing systems, software, and services and is the world’s first commercial supplier of quantum computers. Our mission is to unlock the power of quantum computing by delivering customer value with practical quantum applications for problems as diverse as logistics, artificial intelligence, materials sciences, drug discovery, cybersecurity, fault detection, and financial modeling.
D-Wave’s systems and quantum cloud services are being used by some of the world’s most advanced organizations, including Volkswagen, DENSO, Lockheed, and Los Alamos National Laboratory. We have also appeared in Time Magazine, MIT Technology Review, Forbes, INC Magazine and Wired.
As of August 8, 2022, our organization is a publicly traded quantum computing company, trading on the NYSE as ($QBTS).
About the role:
D-Wave is seeking a Senior Sales Engineer to join our Technical Sales team. This is a key role in our continued revenue, customer, and partner growth in North America. Reporting to the Global Lead, Technical Sales, the west coast-based Senior Sales Engineer will act as a technical advisor and product advocate for our Cloud and SaaS service offerings.
You will be our front-line technical resource to facilitate pre-sales conversations with potential customers, training, and post-sales engagement to ensure our customers are getting up to speed as quickly as possible. You will work closely with the sales and marketing teams to implement our go-to-market strategies at scale. Additionally, you will collaborate with the product teams to stay up to date and provide user feedback on the technical advances of our quantum solutions.
Previous experience in quantum computing is beneficial but not necessary. Strong understanding of algorithms, Optimization, math and/or data science a must. Python (NumPy/SciKit) and GitHub experience preferred.
What you'll do:
- Present our product to individual customer prospects, understanding clients’ most critical computational challenges and problems to be solved and help map D-Wave value within that context
- Ability to translate and present D-Wave’s vision, strategy and product roadmaps to executive level customers and potential customers as well as to technical leaders
- Support sales executives with deep technical knowledge in Machine Learning, AI, Math/Algorithms, Optimization, SaaS and/or Cloud Services
- Occasionally give technical presentations and product demonstrations at large events such as conferences, seminars, webinars, etc.
- Manage the product evaluation process to ensure positive results and produce/present the resulting data reviews
- Convey customer requirements to the Applications Development and Product Management teams
- Be a technical resource on application and algorithm definition, quantum computing, industry trends, and competition
- Identify and recommend new customer projects utilizing D-Wave solutions
- Assist Sales Manager’s in qualifying leads and prospects from a technical angle
What you'll bring:
- Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related Bachelor's degree preferred, with experience working with customers or end users
- Working knowledge and experience in definition of a problem to facilitate translation into algorithms and enterprise scale applications
- Strong Python programming experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with demonstrated ability to translate technical material for a non-technical audience
- Experience delivering presentations to key external stakeholders to facilitate engagement
- Ability to map portfolio of solutions to the customers’ needs
- Ability to become a trusted advisor and establish credibility with potential customers, partners and key customers
- Strong listening skills and a consultative approach to sales or problem solving aligned to customer goals
We celebrate diverse perspectives to drive innovation in our pursuit. Our employees range from distinguished domain experts with decades of experience in their respective fields, to bright and motivated graduates eager to make their mark.
Our diverse and innovative team will make you feel appreciated, supported and empower your career growth at D-Wave.
No 3rd party candidates will be accepted.
It is D-Wave Systems Inc. policy to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/provincial, local law.