Sales & Marketing – Sales
D-Wave is looking for exceptionally motivated people who love to see the impact of their work, who are driven to ensure the success of the company, and who want to be a part of something special. We are working to radically change what is possible with computers and are leading the effort to commercialize quantum computing.
D-Wave’s systems are multi-disciplinary in nature spanning, physics, algorithms research, math, mechanical engineering, cryogenics engineering, low-noise analog and digital electronics, conventional computer networking, and a low-magnetic field environment. The company's flagship product, the D-Wave 2000Q, is built around a novel superconducting quantum processor designed to exploit quantum resources known to offer large computational speedups on some problems. The D-Wave annealing quantum computer can sample from probability distributions and optimize functions that are computationally intractable using classical hardware. D-Wave computers are currently being used by customers such as Lockheed Martin, NASA and Google, and there is a rapidly expanding community of cloud users and developers exploring applications and expanding open-source tools. D-Wave has appeared in Time Magazine, MIT Technology Review, Forbes, INC Magazine, and Wired.
As a Sales Engineer, you will play a key role in our continued revenue, customer and partner growth in Japan. You will partner closely with the sales and marketing teams to implement our go-to-market strategies, and closely with the product teams to stay up to date on the technical advances of our quantum solutions. You will be our front -line technical resource to facilitate both pre-sales conversations with potential customers, training and post-sale engagements to ensure our customers are getting up to speed with their solutions as quickly as possible. Previous experience in quantum computing is not necessary, as travel to our head office in Vancouver (Burnaby), Canada will be required during your first six months to receive training.
- Communicate D-Wave’s value proposition to partners, key customers and potential customers
- Understand their most critical computational challenges and problems to be solved and help define the product value within that context
- Act as a trusted advisor within each account, working closely with the customer organization’s technical staff to provide expertise and guidance
- Work closely with the Sales, Marketing and product teams to implement go-to-market strategies
- Build and leverage strong partnerships
- Identify and recommend new customer projects utilizing D-Wave solutions
- Translate and persuasively present D-Wave’s vision, strategy and product roadmaps to executive level customers and potential customers as well as to technical leaders
- Build confidence in the solutions and applications of this cutting-edge technology by bridging current technical realities and future possibilities
- Host, manage and teach the D-Wave training curriculum
Specific Attributes, Skills and Experience
- Technical degree with 5-10 years’ experience in Software as a Service (SaaS) technology, along with pre-sales or customer facing roles
- Proven ability to teach deep technical subject matter that leads to customers,’ partners’ and potential customers’ success
- Fluent or near fluent in both Japanese and English
- The ability to match solutions to the customers’ needs
- Passion for the work of the customer equal to passion for the technology and future possibilities
- Ability to become a trusted advisor with the technical gravitas to establish that relationship with potential customers, partners and key customers
- Strong listening skills and a consultative approach to sales that is based upon respect, problem solving and furthering mutual goals
- Ability to travel internationally and work virtually
- Intellectual curiosity, honesty and integrity
- Passion for discovery and success
D-Wave is passionate about building a diverse and inclusive workplace and welcomes applicants from a wide range of backgrounds, identities and experiences. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or provincial law.