Senior DevOps Developer (Remote US or Canada)
Remote (US) /
Research & Development – DevOps /
D-Wave is the leader in the development and delivery of quantum computing systems, software, and services and is the world’s first commercial supplier of quantum computers. Our mission is to unlock the power of quantum computing by delivering customer value with practical quantum applications for problems as diverse as logistics, artificial intelligence, materials sciences, drug discovery, cybersecurity, fault detection, and financial modeling.
D-Wave’s systems and quantum cloud services are being used by some of the world’s most advanced organizations, including Volkswagen, DENSO, Lockheed, and Los Alamos National Laboratory. We have also appeared in Time Magazine, MIT Technology Review, Forbes, INC Magazine and Wired.
As of August 8, 2022, our organization is a publicly traded quantum computing company, trading on the NYSE as ($QBTS).
About the role:
We have a new opportunity for a Senior DevOps Developer! In this role, you will be on a team of talented DevOps developers working with our Software, Applications, and Test Engineering teams to automate, deploy, monitor, and advance our state-of-the-art quantum computing service. Your primary focus will be the Leap cloud platform, with aspects of Site Reliability Engineering (SRE), CI/CD automation, observability, and performance.
You will report to the DevOps Team Lead and will work extensively on our deployments within our cloud platform including customer-facing applications hosted on Kubernetes. You will have the opportunity to influence the future of our products and get exposure to a full quantum computing stack from the client side all the way through to the classical systems driving the QPU.
What you'll do:
- Design, implement, and operate our cloud and on-premises distributed systems
- Use your experience and expertise to provide architectural and design guidance to our development teams for our cloud services
- Work with the software development teams to streamline our build processes and release management via continuous integration and deployment pipelines
- Participate in reviews and compliance efforts to ensure we meet the security and performance needs of our growing services through the design and development of security controls, access rules, service configuration, testing and monitoring
- Respond to operational incidents with the system and perform root-cause analysis
- Continuously monitor and improve the performance, durability and reliability of our services
- Willingness to join the on-call rotation of development and support staff for off-hours support of our services
What you'll bring:
- 5+ years of experience in architecting, configuring, deploying, operating, and troubleshooting modern SaaS/PaaS web applications and environments on a major cloud platform
- 3+ years of experience specifically with the Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and Kubernetes in a production environment, especially Google Kubernetes Engine and related technologies (e.g. Helm charts)
- 2+ years of experience with Amazon Web Services
- 2+ years of related programming experience in Python, Ruby, Groovy, Go, or a comparable language including specifically working with 3rd party REST APIs
- Deep knowledge of cloud services such as: object storage, virtual networking, serverless computing, container workflow/development, in-memory cache, database, and elastic compute
- Experience integrating analytics and monitoring systems such as CloudWatch, ELK, Influx, Redshift, Zabbix or Nagios into cloud applications
- Expert in source code control, managing artifacts, configuration management / configuration as code, CI/CD pipelines, etc. e.g. Git, Terraform/Packer, Ansible, Artifactory, Jenkins, Spinnaker, or their equivalents
- A degree in Computing Science, Engineering or equivalent education and experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills – you like to document your work!
We celebrate diverse perspectives to drive innovation in our pursuit. Our employees range from distinguished domain experts with decades of experience in their respective fields, to bright and motivated graduates eager to make their mark.
Our diverse and innovative team will make you feel appreciated, supported and empower your career growth at D-Wave.
No 3rd party candidates will be accepted.
It is D-Wave Systems Inc. policy to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/provincial, local law.