Research & Development – Application Development Technologies and Tools
D-Wave is looking for exceptionally motivated people who love to see the impact of their work, who are driven to ensure the success of the company, and who want to be a part of something special. We are working to radically change what is possible with computers and are leading the effort to commercialize quantum computing.
D-Wave’s systems are multi-disciplinary in nature spanning, physics, algorithms research, math, mechanical engineering, cryogenics engineering, low-noise analog and digital electronics, conventional computer networking, and a low-magnetic field environment. The company's flagship product, the D-Wave 2000Q, is built around a novel superconducting quantum processor designed to exploit quantum resources known to offer large computational speedups on some problems. The D-Wave annealing quantum computer can sample from probability distributions and optimize functions that are computationally intractable using classical hardware. D-Wave computers are currently being used by customers such as Lockheed Martin, NASA and Google, and there is a rapidly expanding community of cloud users and developers exploring applications and expanding open-source tools. D-Wave has appeared in Time Magazine, MIT Technology Review, Forbes, INC Magazine, and Wired.
In this role you will:
- Work with the team to develop clean, intuitive tools that abstract away complicated concepts and complex logic to enable users to quickly build an application from end-to-end
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues
- Execute all Front-End visual design stages from concept to development
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
You will bring to this role:
- Front-End experience with emphasis on HTML/CSS, including concepts like layout, specificity, cross browser compatibility, and accessibility
- 3+ years experience with browser APIs and optimizing front end performance
- Familiarity with Git or another version control system
- No experience with Quantum Computing necessary!
Bonus: one or more of the following additional qualifications would be awesome but not necessary:
- Experience with Python and/or C is an asset; you'll need to build on top of and possibly contribute to an existing collection of Python and C tools
- Experience with React
- Experience writing plug-ins for IDEs would be a great asset but is not required
D-Wave is passionate about building a diverse and inclusive workplace and welcomes applicants from a wide range of backgrounds, identities and experiences. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or provincial law.