Engineering – General /
Dyte provides developer friendly live audio/video SDKs that makes it very easy to add 1:1 calls, group calls and webinars right within your platform. Our low code approach and user friendly documentation means you are ready to go live with less lines of code. Dyte also offers plugins that allow developers to add realtime applications like a whiteboard, YouTube player and AI applications such as background changers and live audio/video transcription with a couple of lines of code.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to join our growing team. You get to play a critical role in defining processes, enforcing them, and holding high standards, for both, our engineering systems as well as people on the team. The ideal candidate should have a deep understanding of complex distributed systems, has hands-on experience of software development in an agile manner, and has been leading a team for 2 years or more.
Primary responsibilities of this role include quarterly and yearly planning, ensuring that deliverables are completed on time and with high quality, and coaching and mentoring team members. A proactive approach to defining and tuning processes in a growing and competent team will have a significant impact. Occasionally, you may also need to roll up your sleeves and help with writing, maintaining and reviewing code for services your team owns. This role also requires strong communication skills, with the ability to work in asynchronous schedules and managing remote team members. The team is remote friendly, and you can choose to work from a location of your choice within India. However, travel to the office will be expected periodically.
What you’ll do
- Lead an engineering team that owns critical backend systems and APIs, which define the experience our customers have
- Participate in scheduled planning, review and escalation meetings, ensuring quality features are delivered to our customers
- Have a strong opinion and guide the shape of the product
- Grow and optimise our systems to scale to the next level of customer growth
- Participate in engineering wide people processes like appraisals, career path decisions and
- Support your team’s on-call rotation by providing scheduling and escalation support
Who you are
- 8+ years of experience in the software industry, with minimum 5 years in an individual contributor role
- An entrepreneurial approach with sharp business acumen and a self-starter attitude
- Ability to work in remote/distributed teams
- Competitive Salary
- Attractive ESOPs
- Medical Insurance
- Friendly leaves policy
To know more about working at Dyte, click here.