Associate Learning Designer
United States - Remote /
Learning Design /
Use educator expertise, research-based methods, and data to create, curate, and design learning experiences that are engaging and lead to unprecedented growth.
- Mission Driven and Passion for Education - You have a passion for education and are empathetic to the challenges teachers and students face. You bring a sense of purpose and a natural teacher intuition to the educational experiences that you create and design for students.
- Creativity and Innovation - You can confidently push the boundaries of what is traditionally taught in the classroom and traditionally expected of students. You incorporate tried and true best practices in the education space to create new and innovative learning experiences.
- Strong Attention to Detail - You recognize that when it comes to teaching, it matters to sweat the small stuff. Your organizational skills enable you to handle large amounts of complex information with efficiency and grace.
- Quick Learner - You exhibit a growth mindset and learn quickly. You are able to quickly and effectively understand and absorb new material, and you show initiative in independently learning new skills. You recognize opportunities for process improvements, and you learn from your mistakes.
- A Bachelor’s degree in education (or similar field)
- Some experience working in a classroom setting
- Demonstrated interest in and passion for innovation in elementary education
- Excellent attention to detail, organization, and communication skills
- Interest in learning quickly and working in a fast-paced environment
- Create highly engaging and academically effective learning activities
- Map and align eSpark curriculum to individual state standards
- Maintain the quality and integrity of the eSpark curriculum
Our vision is that every student, regardless of their circumstances or background, has the opportunity to set and realize an ambitious dream for themselves. Our mission is to reimagine learning to be student-centered, enabling students to succeed in school and life. In the last school year, more than 1M students used eSpark, many of them for the first time. Our customer satisfaction (measured by net promoter score) has grown steadily and is now 79. We just raised a $25M round of funding in January 2022 to scale up our product-led growth strategy.
Impact. Our work makes a significant difference in students’ lives. Independent testing data from public school districts across the country consistently show that students learn more in areas of personalized study with eSpark. One researcher from MIT evaluated eSpark in Boston Public Schools: “I find strong positive, significant effects of eSpark for both math and English Language Arts (ELA). So the eSpark intervention, which is just 30 minutes a day, led to almost half the effect of a full year in a high-performing charter school. I view these as very impressive gains. The findings made a substantial dent into the black-white achievement gap.”
Diversity. At eSpark, we believe all people—adults and students alike—deserve respect for who they are. We work hard to make eSpark an environment where everyone can thrive and succeed. We support employees as individuals through people-centric management and as a company with our IDEA (Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Access) employee resource group. We believe our team should reflect the student populations we aim to serve.
Pandemic. The last two years have been a time of unprecedented challenges for teachers, students, parents, and schools. We have seen in our work that eSpark’s personalized curriculum, made of fun and educational activities adapted to each student, is helping to address learning loss. We’re supporting teachers by giving them the tools and live support they need to support both remote and in-person learning. By serving students through the school system, we believe we can reach students most at risk of falling behind from the pandemic.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
In addition to a competitive salary and stock options, eSpark offers full healthcare coverage (including vision, dental, and mental health benefits), generous vacation and parental leave policies, flexible work-from-home and remote work options as well as a welcoming (post-pandemic) office environment and your choice of technical equipment.