Customer Success Manager
United States - Remote /
New Partnerships /
Customer Success Manager
As a Customer Success Manager, you will report to the Manager of Customer Success.
As a Customer Success Manager, you will manage a portfolio of small and medium-sized (SMB) accounts -- primarily individual schools -- and guide them through their partnership journey: onboarding, activation, retention, and renewal. You will work collaboratively with the Customer Success and Customer Experience teams to support your partners’ eSpark implementations and scale our current processes so we can continue to serve our growing customer base in an effective, personalized way.
- Relationship-Building - You have a knack for quickly building relationships and trust with various stakeholders over phone and email. You are empathetic to the challenges in schools & districts. You pride yourself on being a personable, concise, and compelling communicator, both verbally and in writing.
- Continuous Learner - You have an eye for scalability to streamline our current processes to reach more schools while keeping that personal touch. You come up with new ideas to try and are always learning from others and through experimentation.
- Project Management - You are organized. You can manage a large portfolio of accounts, as well as the relationships, timelines, and projects within them. You capture data in a concise, yet detailed way.
- Tenacity - You are a self-starter. You are persistent and have a strong work ethic. You persevere through challenges, and you are willing to do what it takes to get something done well. You will bring energy and focus to our team.
- 1-2 years of customer success experience with SMB accounts
- $1k-10k average contract value if edtech
- <$50k average contract value if non edtech
- Track record of hitting your renewal/expansion revenue targets
- Proficiency using Salesforce and other sales automation tools (Outreach, Intercom, and Hubspot are a plus)
- Administrative and/or classroom experience a plus
- Develop proficiency in the eSpark product and services and a strong ability to demonstrate them effectively
- Use Salesforce and Outreach to manage your activity, pipeline, and progress towards individual goals while ensuring data accuracy
- Support teachers using eSpark to help them advocate for the renewal of eSpark in their building
- Support principals in the decision to renew eSpark via phone & email by conveying the value
- Meet/exceed annual revenue targets for your portfolio of SMB accounts
- Collaborate internally across teams to design and implement creative solutions that impact all customers
Our vision is that every student, regardless of their circumstances or background, has the opportunity to set and realize an ambitious dream for themselves. Our mission is to reimagine learning to be student-centered, enabling students to succeed in school and life. In the last school year, more than 1M students used eSpark, many of them for the first time. Our customer satisfaction (measured by net promoter score) has grown steadily and is now 79. We just raised a $25M round of funding in January 2022 to scale up our product-led growth strategy.
Impact. Our work makes a significant difference in students’ lives. Independent testing data from public school districts across the country consistently show that students learn more in areas of personalized study with eSpark. One researcher from MIT evaluated eSpark in Boston Public Schools: “I find strong positive, significant effects of eSpark for both math and English Language Arts (ELA). So the eSpark intervention, which is just 30 minutes a day, led to almost half the effect of a full year in a high-performing charter school. I view these as very impressive gains. The findings made a substantial dent into the black-white achievement gap.”
Diversity. At eSpark, we believe all people—adults and students alike—deserve respect for who they are. We work hard to make eSpark an environment where everyone can thrive and succeed. We support employees as individuals through people-centric management and as a company with our IDEA (Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Access) employee resource group. We believe our team should reflect the student populations we aim to serve.
Pandemic. The last two years have been a time of unprecedented challenges for teachers, students, parents, and schools. We have seen in our work that eSpark’s personalized curriculum, made of fun and educational activities adapted to each student, is helping to address learning loss. We’re supporting teachers by giving them the tools and live support they need to support both remote and in-person learning. By serving students through the school system, we believe we can reach students most at risk of falling behind from the pandemic.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
In addition to a competitive salary and stock options, eSpark offers full healthcare coverage (including vision, dental, and mental health benefits), generous vacation and parental leave policies, flexible work-from-home and remote work options as well as a welcoming (post-pandemic) office environment and your choice of technical equipment.