Software Engineer, Frontend
Drop is a rewards app on a mission to make life more rewarding for everyone. In under 2 years, we've grown to over 1.7 million members spanning the US and Canada. We've climbed the ranks of the App Store—topping #3 in Lifestyle.
Founded in 2015 in Toronto, and recently closing a $21M round led by NEA, we're one of the fastest growing consumer startups in Canada. By putting our members at the centre of everything we do, Drop is quickly reshaping the loyalty landscape.
Our team is composed of ex-talent from Airbnb, Amazon, Facebook, Microsoft, and Goldman Sachs. We're looking to grow our top-tier, diverse team with individuals that embody our values of passion, grit, humility and hustle.
Software Engineering at Drop:
Engineering is at the core of Drop’s ability to scale. We strive for automation, intelligence, and simplicity in all of our products and infrastructure.
We are responsible for continuously processing hundreds of millions of financial transactions while delivering a polished and engaging experience for users. Our product challenges span across both the consumer space (B2C) and the retailer space (B2B).
Our approach to development and collaboration welcomes engineers whom are full stack and/or specialize in a particular domain (frontend, backend, data, etc). We operate at all levels of the stack: building mobile-first apps with technologies like React Native to deliver elegant UIs, scaling highly parallelized APIs and banking integrations to get a 360-degree view of user spending habits and share of wallet, developing data infrastructure to deliver insights and enable the business to efficiently drive impact, and more.
As an Engineering team, we value code quality, testability, scalable engineering design, and continuous process improvement. We leverage modern technologies, such as React Native, Ruby/Rails, Postgres, Redshift, Docker, Kubernetes, and more. We maintain an efficient development environment to keep productive and rapidly innovate. Our key collaborators are product managers, designers, and other stakeholders (marketing, business development, customer support) who partner as entrepreneurial peers on a daily basis.
What kinds of challenges will the Frontend Engineer be working on at Drop?
- Produce highly interactive in-app experiences to educate and engage users.
- Partner with Marketing to create dynamic, web-based experiences to bring new users to Drop from various sources, including Snapchat, Facebook and Instagram
- Build with and contribute to our extensive Component library, which enables different teams to speak the same design language
- Develop with the bleeding edge of React Native to build games with gestural input and complex animations.
- Deliver customized experiences based on user personas to increase overall conversion.
- Create new features with an objective and scientific approach through A/B testing.
- Utilize modern tooling, including Jest unit coverage, E2E screenshots and snapshots, and API Acceptance tests, all covered by continuous integration.
What you bring to the table
- You have at least 5 years of experience in software engineering.
- You have experience building in a production environment using modern web frameworks, service oriented architectures, and scalable datastores.
- You write testable and maintainable code to produce quality systems using engineering best practices.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment; startup experience is not a strict requirement but a bonus. Drop welcomes people from all work backgrounds and recognizes the value of diversity.
- You’re passionate about building the next generation loyalty product to make life more rewarding.
- Bonus: You’ve worked with ES6, React Native, Redux, Promises, or Functional Programming.
- Bonus: You have experience scaling architecture and working on products with millions of users.
- Bonus: You’ve built financial, loyalty, or rewards systems.
- Lifestyle Spending Accounts and Health Spending Accounts + drug, dental, travel, and group insurance coverage
- Flexible vacation + a work-anywhere-in-the-world program
- Monthly transportation stipend
- Parental leave benefits
- Team retreats
- Company-sponsored happy hours
- Catered lunches 3 days/week and plenty of snacks
- Drop points galore and VIP access to special offers
- Stock options
At Drop, we're committed to providing an enjoyable and meaningful environment for every member of our team. We operate under a flat structure with minimal hierarchy where everyone’s opinion is valued equally. We are looking for team members with an entrepreneurial mindset who will thrive in a fast-paced and rewarding environment.
Drop Technologies, Inc. is proud to be a diverse and equal opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.