Drop is a rewards app on a mission to make life more rewarding for everyone. In under 2 years, we've grown to over 1.7 million members spanning the US and Canada. We've climbed the ranks of the App Store—topping #3 in Lifestyle.
Founded in 2015 in Toronto, and recently closing a $21M round led by NEA, we're one of the fastest growing consumer startups in Canada. By putting our members at the centre of everything we do, Drop is quickly reshaping the loyalty landscape.
Our team is composed of ex-talent from Airbnb, Amazon, Facebook, Microsoft, and Goldman Sachs. We're looking to grow our top-tier, diverse team with individuals that embody our values of passion, grit, humility and hustle.
- We're looking for a Product Designer to join our growing design team out of our Toronto office. As a Product Designer, you'll drive design decisions and ship features that impact millions of Drop members everyday. You'll work closely with a team of designers, product managers, and engineers to create incredible experiences. You'll own projects throughout the entire product development process, from ideation to launch.
What kinds of challenges will a Product Designer be working on at Drop?
- Work with Design and Product teams to spec and shape the vision of new products
- Work on improving existing core features across the Drop platform
- Create innovative solutions for new features
- Prototype and test ideas quickly and efficiently
- Deliver usable, pixel perfect designs through to handoff
- Partner with engineers to consistently ship great experiences
- Contribute to maintaining web and mobile design systems
- Push the benchmark for quality and craft internally
- Validate and improve designs using analytics data and user research
What you bring to the table
- 3+ years product design experience
- Previously shipped great consumer-facing products for web and mobile
- You advocate for design thinking and empathy, you know when to put users first
- A portfolio that demonstrates a strong understanding of design process and principles
- You know the ins and outs of the latest design tools, including Sketch, Principle, Abstract, and Zeplin
- You embrace an attitude of learning, you're always looking to learn and share something new
- You sweat the details, you deliver pixel perfect work while thinking about UX holistically
- You work well with engineers throughout the entire product development lifecycle
- You are a storyteller, you seamlessly blend copy into the work you produce
- You have experience collaborating cross-functionally with other disciplines including product and engineering
- You clearly and effectively communicate insight, ideas, and backup design decisions
- You're not afraid to challenge the status quo and push the boundaries of good design
- You thrive in fast paced environments, and drive new initiatives
- You have experience coding (HTML & CSS)
- You have experience with Framer
- You have experience with Adobe After Effects (Lottie is a big plus!)
Bonus points if
- Lifestyle Spending Accounts and Health Spending Accounts + drug, dental, travel, and group insurance coverage
- Flexible vacation + a work-anywhere-in-the-world program
- Monthly transportation stipend
- Parental leave benefits
- Team retreats
- Company-sponsored happy hours
- Catered lunches 3 days/week and plenty of snacks
- Drop points galore and VIP access to special offers
- Stock options
At Drop, we're committed to providing an enjoyable and meaningful environment for every member of our team. We operate under a flat structure with minimal hierarchy where everyone’s opinion is valued equally. We are looking for team members with an entrepreneurial mindset who will thrive in a fast-paced and rewarding environment.
Drop Technologies, Inc. is proud to be a diverse and equal opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.