Greater Sydney /
Engineering | Apps Team /
About Easy Agile
Easy Agile are an Australian founded bootstrapped start-up. We have four products built on top of Atlassian’s flagship product Jira, sold via the Atlassian Marketplace. Profitable from year 1, we are on a truly unique journey with an emphasis on work/family/community/self balance, while growing a high-performing team. Due to our extremely fortunate position, we are driven by giving back to our community and our people - enabling our people to live the lives they only dreamed of.
Our HQ is in Wollongong and we have an office in Sydney, but you can find us scattered along the coast anywhere from Brighton to Tweed Heads. We care about our work, our families, our hobbies, our health and our well-being (the list goes on). We offer flexible working, so you can be based anywhere in Australia! We optimise for collaboration and connection face to face as a team each quarter.
We believe that being agile is a mindset, and that true agility unlocks a team’s potential to be happier at work, have more impact in the solutions they’re building, and be more focused on their customer’s success! That’s why our purpose is not to help teams “do” agile, but be agile. We’re proud to call over 1,900 companies our customers, including Netflix, Harvard, Amazon, Lego, Mercedes and Twitter.
About the role
The lofty goals we have set ourselves for the next 10 years will see us heading where no one has gone before, so we’re searching for an Engineering Manager with the experience and discipline to navigate the unknown. Reporting to our Head of Engineering, you’ll partner with our two Engineering Managers along with Product and Design leaders. We are looking for a passionate engineering leader to scale our team, processes and tech to support us to reach our goal of helping more than 100,000 enterprise agile teams every week.
Come and help us continue to build our world-class engineering team, products that delight our customers and level-up a profitable business that leads people-first.
What you'll do:
- Lead and grow a team of high-performing engineers. You'll be responsible for the overall performance of one product engineering team and will be responsible for hiring, coaching, mentoring, feedback, and career development.
- You will be responsible for delivery and balancing new product development with tech debt and tech enablers.
- Collaborate across the Marketing, Partnerships, Product, Engineering & People pillars of our business to deliver key results and ensure we are shipping products our customers love.
- Empower our engineers by evolving our career framework and creating strong feedback loops to accelerate growth and innovation across the team.
- Collaborate with other engineering managers to establish a technology radar.
- Identify the opportunities for experimentation and continue building this mindset across the team.
- We value cross-team pollination and don’t work in silos. We recognise this is becoming increasingly hard with scale and are looking for somebody to help us to maintain flow.
- We know what got us here, won’t get us there so we are looking for somebody to help us unlock velocity and awaken innovation in our Engineering. We have some ambitious goals and need somebody to help us ensure all the teams are aligned on strategy, goals and how they can make an impact.
- We recently announced our approach to hybrid working and are navigating how best to communicate, inspire, and innovate with our growing distributed team and we’d love you to help us navigate this.
- You’ve worked at a product-led SaaS business with cross-functional teams and have many learnings to bring to your next role.
- Ideally, you have seen scale before and can help us as we navigate from a team of 25 engineers to 40+.
- You’ve consciously chosen the people management track vs the technical path for your career and are driven by enabling others through your leadership.
- You are a people-first, empathetic leader who has successfully led a team of 4+ engineers. You get genuinely excited about seeing your team succeed and achieve their career goals, enabling them to punch above their weight.
- You can demonstrate how you have guided engineers and tech leads, and empowered them to deliver their best. It’s a big bonus if you have been a part of scaling teams to ensure velocity was maintained and teams had minimal disruption.
- You understand that our customer's success is our success and ensure engineering teams are working effectively and delivering value to customers.
- You have deep-seated experience with lean principles and agile environments.
- You believe that there are always new techniques to experiment with, a hunger to always find better ways to work and a drive to bring the team on the journey with you.
- You might still be hands-on, but if not you are still able to support your team to make larger technical decisions.
- You understand the value of a strong, balanced and inclusive engineering culture aiming for a sustainable pace.
To support you at work and play, here are the fantastic benefits and perks you’ll enjoy at Easy Agile
- Unique and generous Employee Share Option Plan (ESOP).
- Flexible working options (because we value outcomes over output).
- Four paid volunteer days a year to dedicate to your favourite cause.
- An annual learning allowance of $5,000 to help you up-level your skills.
- Quarterly experimentation hackathon weeks to explore new ideas.
- 2% in additional superannuation contributions per annum.
- Company-funded parental leave (20 weeks full pay for the primary caregiver and 6 weeks for the secondary caregiver).
- Summer sessions where you get half days off on Fridays to enjoy the amazing weather as you please.
- $2000 to put towards your home-office fit out (if you choose to work from home).
- Quarterly team off-sites to invest in collaboration and connection.
- Opportunities to travel overseas to conferences to learn more about our customers and agile.
People over perfection
If you are excited about this role but not sure if you meet all of the criteria, please apply. Research shows women and minority groups are less likely to apply for roles where they don't meet 100% of the criteria. We value punching above our weight and people over perfection, so go ahead and apply - we'd love to hear from you.