Engineering | Apps Team /
Full time /
About Easy Agile
Easy Agile is an Australian founded bootstrapped start-up. We have four products built on top of Atlassian’s flagship product Jira, sold via the Atlassian Marketplace. Profitable from year 1, we are on a truly unique journey with an emphasis on work/family/community/self balance, while growing a high-performing team. Due to our extremely fortunate position, we are driven by giving back to our community and our people - enabling our people to live the lives they only dreamed of.
Our HQ is in Wollongong and we have an office in Sydney, but you can find us scattered along the coast anywhere from Brighton to Tweed Heads. We offer flexible working, so you can be based anywhere in Australia! We optimise for collaboration and connection face to face as a team each quarter.
We believe that being agile is a mindset, and that true agility unlocks a team’s potential to be happier at work, have more impact in the solutions they’re building, and be more focused on their customer’s success! That’s why our purpose is to help organisations realise the benefits of being agile. We’re proud to call over 1,900 companies our customers, including Netflix, Harvard, Amazon, Lego, Mercedes and Twitter.
About the role:
As Easy Agile's first Staff Engineer, you will play a pivotal role in shaping our company's technical landscape. You will sit across our existing engineering teams and define and guide the implementation of complex architectural decisions, nurture technical excellence across the function and evolve our product suite thinking.
To really understand this role, let’s fast-forward to your 2 year anniversary at Easy Agile to see what you have achieved:
- You have defined and shaped our product architecture and taken our products from singular products with different code bases to an integrated product suite.
- You’ve helped set our technical vision, strategy and roadmap for the next 12-18 months, ensuring that our software and systems enable us to move towards our goal of helping more than 100,000 enterprise agile teams every week.
- You’ve built strong cross functional relationships with Product and Design and are a key contributor in advising on the feasibility of our product strategy.
- The Engineering Team at Easy Agile is known as world-class. You’ve helped accelerate and up skill engineers at all levels and have become someone who our Tech Leads look up to for advice and coaching. You’ve ensured that the teams remain at the forefront of technical innovation.
- You’ve helped make development easier for our engineers. Our shared libraries, tooling, testing and coding standards have improved dramatically and have brought our teams closer together, reducing rework and increasing their efficiency and effectiveness.
The tech stack:
- We use React and Typescript on the front end, Node.js, Java and Typescript on the backend and our products are built on top of Atlassian’s Connect Framework and AWS infrastructure.
- You’re an experienced Staff/ Principal Engineer with deep seated knowledge designing and implementing robust and scalable architectural solutions.
- You come from a SaaS background, where you’ve worked on architecting an integrated product suite.
- You’re passionate about coaching and mentoring software engineers on technical capabilities, providing the guidance and support they need to reach their full potential.
- You empower team members to grow their careers and foster a culture of continuous learning and improvement.
- You have a knack for story telling and are able to translate the why behind your decisions into a compelling narrative that takes all teams along on the journey.
- You have experience working in Agile environments.
We’ll be excited if you have:
- Experience with Java frameworks and libraries.
- Worked in the Atlassian Ecosystem.
To support you at work and play, here are the fantastic benefits and perks you’ll enjoy at Easy Agile
- Unique and generous Employee Share Option Plan (ESOP).
- Flexible working options (because we value outcomes over output).
- Four paid volunteer days a year to dedicate to your favourite cause.
- An annual learning allowance of $5,000 to help you up-level your skills.
- Bi-annual hackathon days to explore new ideas.
- 2% in additional superannuation contributions per annum.
- Company-funded parental leave (20 weeks full pay for the primary caregiver and 6 weeks for the secondary caregiver).
- Summer sessions where you get half days off on Fridays (Dec-Feb) to enjoy the amazing weather as you please.
- $2000 to put towards your home-office fit out (if you choose to work from home).
- Quarterly team off-sites to invest in collaboration and connection.
- Opportunities to travel overseas to conferences to learn more about our customers and agile.
People over perfection
If you are excited about this role but not sure if you meet all of the criteria, please apply. Research shows women and minority groups are less likely to apply for roles where they don't meet 100% of the criteria. We value punching above our weight and people over perfection, so go ahead and apply - we'd love to hear from you.