Head of Product
About Easy Agile
Easy Agile are an Australian founded bootstrapped start-up. We have four products built on top of Atlassian’s flagship product Jira, sold via the Atlassian Marketplace. Profitable from year 1, we are on a truly unique journey with an emphasis on work/family/community/self balance, while growing a high-performing team. Due to our extremely fortunate position, we are driven by giving back to our community and our people - enabling our people to live the lives they only dreamed of.
Our HQ is in Wollongong and we have an office in Sydney, but you can find us scattered along the coast anywhere from Brighton to Tweed Heads. We care about our work, our families, our hobbies, our health and our well-being (the list goes on). We offer flexible working, so you can be based anywhere in Australia! We optimise for collaboration and connection face to face as a team each quarter.
We believe that being agile is a mindset, and that true agility unlocks a team’s potential to be happier at work, have more impact in the solutions they’re building, and be more focused on their customer’s success! That’s why our purpose is to help organisations realise the benefits of being agile. We’re proud to call over 1,900 companies our customers, including Netflix, Harvard, Amazon, Lego, Mercedes and Twitter.
About the role
As Easy Agile’s Head of Product you will guide the product team in crafting the future of our new and existing products. Reporting to one of our founders you will ensure we continue to grow a sustainably profitable business, through products that help our customers reach their goals. You will guide an incredibly passionate team of Product Managers and Product Designers to set, evolve, iterate and execute a product strategy which brings our refined company vision to life - helping organisations realise the benefits of being agile. You will inspire and energise the team to uncover market opportunities, understand trends and customer needs and prioritise features, improvements and new products. You will impact thousands of teams across the world and support them on their agile journey.
We have always been a Product and Engineering led business that strives for Product led growth in the absence of a sales function and are looking for somebody to develop and foster sophisticated product capabilities in our team.
To really understand this role, let’s fast-forward to your 2 year anniversary at Easy Agile to see what you have achieved:
- You’ve owned the continuous evolution and delivery of the product strategy, ensuring it aligns seamlessly with the company vision and propels us toward our strategic objectives.
- You’ve built deep relationships with our Engineering, Marketing, Design, Support, Customer Experience, Finance and Leadership teams across the business. Together you are unstoppable and set the standard in the tech space for how you effectively collaborate cross-functionally.
- You have built and launched a new product with incredible adoption from new and existing customers.
- The Product Team at Easy Agile is known as world-class. You’ve accelerated the careers of our incredible Product Managers and Product Designers, and helped them all achieve new heights. You’ve defined and inspired the future org for product, built the team we needed today and have a clear vision of the capabilities we need for the future. You lead a diverse team that has an enviable sense of belonging.
- Our products are firing on all cylinders. We are seeing an increase in engagement, customer satisfaction and are all jazzed for the future. You deeply understand our customers and know what opportunities are valuable to solve, accelerating our growth even further.
- Our products are market leading and reaching more customers in more places which has led to even greater profitability as a company and rewards for the team.
- You’ve evolved our product strategy and vision for the next 3-5 years which has helped define the future of Easy Agile, enabling us to move towards our goal of helping more than 100,000 enterprise agile teams every week.
- You are a Product leader who has honed their product craft. You know what excellence looks like in a Product team at a SaaS company and get excited about the journey to evolve and grow Product.
- You are a people-first, empathetic leader who has successfully led Product Managers & Product Designers to grow in their careers. You have a collaborative leadership style and a strong drive to build diverse and inclusive teams.
- You’ve got experience translating business vision and goals into a compelling product strategy, narrative and roadmap that takes all teams along the journey.
- You know how to deliver the best customer and commercial value/outcomes. You ensure the team is brought on this journey and are adaptive to new insights on the way.
- You are action oriented and know how to lead a team to push through ambiguity and reach decisions.
- You have been through a scaling journey and are familiar with the leadership required to proactively plan ahead whilst delivering on the needs of today. You have examples of how you’ve identified future capabilities needed, planned and adapted to different phases of growth and built the frameworks and systems needed to scale.
- You bring the knowledge to be the strategic leader and domain expert for Product Management. You have a hands-on practical mindset and willingness to do the work as well as know how to effectively entrust and uplift others.
- You have a knack for bringing teams along with you on the product journey and collaborating with cross-functional teams.
To support you at work and play, here are the fantastic benefits and perks you’ll enjoy at Easy Agile
- Unique and generous Employee Share Option Plan (ESOP).
- Flexible working options (because we value outcomes over output).
- Four paid volunteer days a year to dedicate to your favourite cause.
- An annual learning allowance of $5,000 to help you up-level your skills.
- Quarterly experimentation hackathon weeks to explore new ideas.
- 2% in additional superannuation contributions per annum.
- Company-funded parental leave (20 weeks full pay for the primary caregiver and 6 weeks for the secondary caregiver).
- Summer sessions where you get half days off on Fridays to enjoy the amazing weather as you please.
- $2000 to put towards your home-office fit out (if you choose to work from home).
- Quarterly team off-sites to invest in collaboration and connection.
- Opportunities to travel overseas to conferences to learn more about our customers and agile.
People over perfection
If you are excited about this role but not sure if you meet all of the criteria, please apply. Research shows women and minority groups are less likely to apply for roles where they don't meet 100% of the criteria. We value punching above our weight and people over perfection, so go ahead and apply - we'd love to hear from you.