Greater Sydney /
About Easy Agile
Easy Agile are an Australian founded bootstrapped start-up. We have four products built on top of Atlassian’s flagship product Jira, sold via the Atlassian Marketplace. Profitable from year 1, we are on a truly unique journey with an emphasis on work/family/community/self balance, while growing a high-performing team. Due to our extremely fortunate position, we are driven by giving back to our community and our people - enabling our people to live the lives they only dreamed of.
Our HQ is in Wollongong and we have an office in Sydney, but you can find us scattered along the coast anywhere from Brighton to Tweed Heads. We care about our work, our families, our hobbies, our health and our well-being (the list goes on). We offer flexible working, so you can be based anywhere in Australia! We optimise for collaboration and connection face to face as a team each quarter.
We believe that being agile is a mindset, and that true agility unlocks a team’s potential to be happier at work, have more impact in the solutions they’re building, and be more focused on their customer’s success! That’s why our purpose is not to help teams “do” agile, but be agile. We’re proud to call over 1,900 companies our customers, including Netflix, Harvard, Amazon, Lego, Mercedes and Twitter.
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity for somebody to step in and help support the Finance function at a growing SaaS business. We’ve built a unique profitable business that we are incredibly proud of and are looking for somebody to join us on this journey as we build out sophisticated finance capabilities in our team. Here’s an insight into the things you’ll be building and owning:
- You will own financial, SaaS and variance reporting, making this consumable and presenting back to leadership team and company on a monthly basis.
- You will understand and ensure the quality of Easy Agile’s health metrics, looking at drivers and levers for the future and making recommendations.
- Run monthly cadence of operational accounting.
- Contribute to business planning process and forecasting.
- Liaise with external bookkeepers / accountants.
- Work on special strategic project work with cross-functional teams, to impact company strategy.
- Be the go-to person for all finance queries.
- You’re a self starter and able to take ownership of day to day and financial control.
- You’re excited by working in a cross-functional team and making an impact from day 1. We’re a 50 person company and you will be the key person for all things finance.
- You bring a proactive approach to your work and are no stranger to the grit, resilience and ‘can do’ attitude required in the work of a scale-up business.
- You have great written and verbal interpersonal skills.
Your day 1 qualities
- Hold formal qualifications (CA or CPA) with 2+ years post qualification experience
- You have commercial experience/exposure running SaaS reporting and variance reporting or experience running reporting in a mid to top tier accounting firm.
- You have the ability to work independently and communicate effectively.
- You’re team-minded and have led a team of accountants in the past.
We'll be excited if you have
- Experience working in a SaaS or scale up environment.
- Had exposure to working with ESOP programs.
To support you at work and play, here are the fantastic benefits and perks you’ll enjoy at Easy Agile
- Unique and generous Employee Share Option Plan (ESOP).
- Flexible working options (because we value outcomes over output).
- Four paid volunteer days a year to dedicate to your favourite cause.
- An annual learning allowance of $5,000 to help you up-level your skills.
- Quarterly experimentation hackathon weeks to explore new ideas.
- 2% in additional superannuation contributions per annum.
- Company-funded parental leave (20 weeks full pay for the primary caregiver and 6 weeks for the secondary caregiver).
- Summer sessions where you get half days off on Fridays to enjoy the amazing weather as you please.
- $2000 to put towards your home-office fit out (if you choose to work from home).
- Quarterly team off-sites to invest in collaboration and connection.
- Opportunities to travel overseas to conferences to learn more about our customers and agile.
People over perfection
If you are excited about this role but not sure if you meet all of the criteria, please apply. Research shows women and minority groups are less likely to apply for roles where they don't meet 100% of the criteria. We value punching above our weight and people over perfection, so go ahead and apply - we'd love to hear from you.