Los Angeles, CA
Eaze is the leading cannabis technology company. Our mission is to improve lives by providing safe and reliable access to high-quality cannabis products with the utmost convenience.
We’re looking for an experienced, creative Copywriter to help play an important part in our growth.
Our ideal candidate is powerful with words. You love to take a concept and serve it up 20 different ways across a range of direct response tactics. You’re an expert at writing product descriptions by taking the brand messaging and putting it into the Eaze voice.
You are crafty with email copy, striking a balance of being descriptive, educational and persuasive. You see a business challenge and know how to solve it with pithy,
You have experience helping to build a brand voice and style guides for consumer brands. You must be able to approach projects from a consumer-centric perspective without losing sight of business goals.
The Copywriter will work closely with Brand Marketing, Growth, Product, Sales, HR, Communications and others, as needed.
Please submit a portfolio of work that includes both brand communication and product projects (provide samples with your application or a link to your portfolio)
- Write and edit short format copy for marketing assets including landing pages, menu pages, paid social, emails, SMS messages and other projects, as needed.
- Implement best practices and review processes at every touchpoint.
- Build relationships with partners and stakeholders to understand the products, business, and customer experience.
- Help create campaign concepts with Designers and Marketers to support initiatives such as: promotions, new product launches, and integrated campaigns.
- Establish messaging frameworks to support the launch of products and services.
- Work with team to create and evolve the brand voice and tone for Eaze.
- Collaborate with the Editorial Director to create and maintain a copy style guide.
- Proof and edit peer copy and other company documentation.
- Create and maintain an up-to-date messaging repository where teams can view current messages in use across the business at any given time.
- Proven ability to write copy that conveys ideas clearly with a distinct tone and voice
- Prior experience creating and evolving a brand’s voice and tone
- Understanding of visual design and an appreciation of the interplay between copy and design
- Strong organizational skills: multi-tasker who can manage multiple projects under tight timelines
- Impeccable command of the written word, including spelling, vocabulary, and grammar
- Comfortable with data and analytics. Ability to interpret metrics and use them to inform content decisions.
- Ability to work independently and autonomously on cross-functional teams
- Experience effectively pitching ideas and presenting work to colleagues and senior leadership
- Ad agency experience is a plus
Eaze, a cannabis marketplace, is on a mission to enhance safe access to legal cannabis, educate people about cannabis as a tool for wellness, and drive smart cannabis policies. We work to achieve this by connecting adult consumers with licensed dispensaries and products; programs to help consumers make informed choices, and sharing market insights with industry partners, regulators, and the public through its Eaze Insights program. Learn more at www.eaze.com.
We strive to be an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourage people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Eaze does not discriminate by race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.