Director of Corporate Development
San Francisco, CA
We’re building our world class team and are looking for people who can help take us to the next level.
We are looking for an experienced leader to spearhead our corporate development as we scale our business, with a focus on strategic partnerships and M&A. If you choose to accept this mission, you will work with some of the most innovative legal, growth, marketing, operations, customer support, and product teams out there. This position will report to the SVP of Legal and Compliance.
- Lead the evaluation of potential acquisitions, investments, and partnerships in conjunction with business partners.
- Oversee the end-to-end acquisition (M&A) process including strategic fit, business assessment, due diligence, valuation, contract negotiation, integration and post-closing issue resolution.
- Present strategic recommendations including acquisition business cases and valuation analyses to senior management.
- Develop key relationships with external parties (e.g. potential investors, investment bankers and strategically relevant companies) to bring knowledge of market trends and companies to bear on strategic discussions.
- Create models and perform financial analysis to value acquisition opportunities, providing clear explanations and making well-founded recommendations.
- Regularly interface with senior leadership and act as a thought partner across the company for those who seek input on key strategic, tactical execution and acquisition decisions.
- 4+ years of relevant experience including a combination of corporate development, consulting, investment banking, private equity, venture capital, and/or corporate law firm experience.
- Extremely analytical, with strong forecasting, negotiation, and problem solving skills.
- Highly organized with a commitment to delivering consistently accurate and high quality work product.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent oral/written communication and presentation skills delivering insights to key management.
- MBA or JD strongly preferred.
Eaze, a cannabis marketplace, is on a mission to enhance safe access to legal cannabis, educate people about cannabis as a tool for wellness, and drive smart cannabis policies. We work to achieve this by connecting adult consumers with licensed dispensaries and products; programs to help consumers make informed choices, and sharing market insights with industry partners, regulators, and the public through its Eaze Insights program. Learn more at www.eaze.com.
We strive to be an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourage people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Eaze does not discriminate by race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.