Senior ERP Accountant
Los Angeles, California /
Who we are
Eaze is a cannabis delivery platform and marketplace that connects adult consumers with licensed dispensaries and products. Eaze has built a sophisticated logistics and technology platform to provide fast, efficient delivery of a broad variety of cannabis products across California. We are on a mission to enhance safe access to legal cannabis, educate people about cannabis as a tool for wellness, and drive smart cannabis policies. At Eaze, you will work alongside a world-class team representing a wide range of backgrounds and strengths.
As Senior ERP Accountant, you will be responsible for reviewing the day to day flow of our ERP system on behalf of the Finance Department, leading conversations around product costing, product manufacturing analysis, analysis of equipment utilization, and inventory valuation. Additionally, you will support monthly financial close, cycle counts and inventory and ensure accurate financial postings occur. You will partner closely with the Supply Chain and Operations teams to provide critical support in ensuring compliance with US GAAP and related accounting rules.
What you'll do
- Ensure inventory costing policies are clearly defined and consistently implemented.
- Supports monthly financial close, cycle counts, and inventory.
- Perform quarterly cost variance analysis and maintain accurate costing records.
- Develop and execute a review process for inventory adjustments, including setting processes and approval thresholds, developing a reporting and review process, and actively reviewing and approving inventory/in-process adjustments.
- Lead and coordinate periodic asset counts.
- Analyze data, draw conclusions, interpret results, and make recommendations
- Analyze aging reports and review turnover of inventory/in-process materials for possible impairment and calculate any necessary reserves.
- Assist in the improvement of processes and internal controls related to inventory
- Analyze inventory in-transit transactions from manufacturing to distribution center/central warehouse to markets and investigate delays to ensure timely recording of transactions
- Ensure all required journal entries and respective backups are properly recorded
- Understand how supply chain flow and manufacturing processes interact with the general ledger
- Analyze manufacturing costs and prepare reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs
- Make estimates of new and proposed product costs
- Understanding development and analysis of standard costs
- Works closely and collaboratively across multi-department teams
What you bring
- 4+ years of public accounting and/or private accounting experience, CPA/CMA preferred
- At least 3 years in manufacturing, assembly, or Inventory Management environment
- Excel skills
- Understanding of inter-company transactions
- Experience with Inventory transactions and three-way match for billing mandatory
- Experience working in a fast-paced, growing, startup organization preferred
Why you should join:
As an organization, we recognize the impact and injustice of the war on drugs, which has been used to incarcerate members of black and Latinx communities among others. We support these communities through initiatives such as the promotion of social equity brands and funding underrepresented cannabis business founders through our accelerator program. We are committed to maintaining a diverse and welcoming team in a supportive and safe space. We strive to be an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourage people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply.
Eaze does not discriminate by race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.